Villefrache-Sur-Mer

The doorbell rang finally. It broke my trance from leaning on the window and made me jump a little.

"They're here!"

I tried to make my voice loud enough that it would carry throughout the entire house. From the clipping of shoes on the hardwood floor above I could tell I was successful.

"Well are you going to get the door Alanna," the voice echoed doe the halls. "Or are you going to make them wait outside like puppies?"

"Right sorry almost there Mum!"

Calm, composed and polite. You are the one who is greeting them and the one they will remember. Do not screw this up. Be yourself but don't make any odd or disturbing comments. We don't want to be locked in the asylum while we have guest. It's considered a bit rude really.

Quickly I unlocked the door. A sharp breath and I could feel my hand pulling the handle back until the doors fully opened.

"Hello." all four boys answered simultaneously with the same Liverpudlian accent.

"Hello," I replied back. Damn the French accent. "Please come in and make yourselves at home."

Each one smiled and said thank you as he walked through the door. I tried to be pleasant and thoughtful, taking their coats and hanging them in the closet.

"Just leave your bags by the staircase over there, someone will take them up to the rooms. Come on, everyone's in the gardens right now."

The followed me like ducks in a row. I was conscious of how I looked. Maybe the flowing black dress was a little much, but it was supposed to be a formal introduction.

I could hear them whispering behind me as we walked through the house. Ringo, the shortest with bright blue eyes, pointed out the things in the halls to the others. It was adorable, almost as if he had assumed the role as official guide.

"How many people are here?" one asked. I turned around to walk backwards and answer the Beatle at the same time.

"Maybe a hundred, not many really." I directed the answer at Paul, who I thought had spoken. "Once you meet everyone I can leave you in a quieter area of the gardens by the lake. You'll probably want some peace and quiet before dinner."

They all nodded in agreement and thanked me for being considerate. Shoutout to myself for walking backwards perfectly in the small heels I had decided to strap to my dainty feet.

*****************

"Sir Marcus Belanger, may I present to you George Harrison, John Lennon, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, formally known as The Beatles."