Elements of Life Beginning

Normal? We were never normal. I mean, look at us. None of us have normal hair color. Orange-red. Black-blue. Brown-green. Black-white. Yellow-blonde. Neither are our eyes a normal color. Red-amber. Aqua-blue. Brown-green. Black-gray-white. Gray-green-brown-amber-blue-gold, I just call it rainbow color.

And? Oh, and we aren't regular humans. We're what you call a "super human" or a "super hero". Want to know why? Well, I'll tell you why. Our story starts a while ago.

------------------

Light beeping filled the room, harmonized by the clicking and tapping of a keyboard and mouse. Lights dancing off of the screen, outlining the scientist who sat at her computer in the dark room. She wore special eye glasses so she could work on the computer for longer periods of time without her eyes becoming tired. She whispered some things to herself quiet enough as not to be heard.

Someone flipped on the lights, scarring her and making her jump. "You should work in the light," the man walked in holding test results said, "it'll be easier on your eyes."

"Thanks," she said. She continued to type on the computer. "I feel like I'm so close. I know I'm almost there." She pushed her brown tangled mess of hair to the side so she could see. "I just have to keep working until I have it!" She took the results from him, punching them into the computer.

The man put a hand on her shoulder. "Leona, you've been working nonstop since you made that break through yesterday. You need rest. I know this project means a lot to you since the family started it, and it does to us too, but you can't go on like this." Leona stopped typing. "When was the last time you took care of yourself?"

"Yesterday..." Leona replied after a while. "You're right, Thorn. I need to take care of myself. But I'm so close to another break through, I can feel it!" She shut the screen off and set her computer glasses to the side. "A job for tomorrow, Leona. For tomorrow." Thorn lead Leona away from the computer.

A cloud of black floated in from the window that was opened a little bit. "Foolish girl! Leaving important files unguarded like this will get you killed." The cloud plugged in a computer chip and downloaded everything about the project onto it. "Now I can build an army! All of the idiotic humans will either die or become my slaves!" He was about to pull the chip out and leave when an alarm went off. "What?! Fools!" He yelled.

By the time he pulled the chip out, Leona was in the door way. "What is happening here?" Leona quickly realized that the cloud was stealing the data. "No! What are you doing copying the data?" She saw an outline of a human man in the center of the cloud. She charged towards it, wrapping her arms around the arm that held the chip. "I can't let you use it for you selfish desires!"

"Let go of me!" He barked as she pulled the chip out of his hand. "Give it back you wench!" The chip fell out of Leona's hand as he tried to take it from her, falling into a puddle of rain water beneath the window from the night before. "No!" Leona was joyful to have the data out of his hands when he said this. "Who needs a computer chip when the data has already be sent back to head quarters?"

Leona gasped. "Oh no!" He threw her to the ground, his eyes glowing yellow and purple. "What are you going to do?" She asked as she tried to get away.

He picked her up. "I have no more use for you now. You have provided a way for me to obtain the world. Now you are USELESS!" He threw Leona against a wall so hard the wall cracked part way. Thorn and his adopted sister, Rose, ran in. "Now I shall take my leave." He vanished into the cloud and flew out the window.

Rose and Thorn fanned the cloud that was left behind away with their hands. "Leona?" Thorn called, before coughing into his elbow.

Rose was about to call out when she caught sight of Leona. "Leona?" She raced over to Leona, who was laying motionless on the ground still. "Big sister! No!" Rose cradled Leona in her arms. Leona and Thorn were related, and Rose was adopted into the family. Rose's first language was Japanese, and she sometimes revert back to her old language. "Onēsan! Nai! Nan no okoru no anata? Iu nanika!(Big sister! No! What happened to you? Say something!)" Rose spoke in her first language. Thorn ran to the other side of Leona.