Cinq

'I'm not sure about this,' Molly said suspiciously as I worked over the lock on Twitch's locker with gloved hands. 'There are about eleven different ways this could backfire.'

                'Molly,' I sighed, pausing in my ministrations and turning to look at her longsufferingly. 'When it comes to books, I stand back and admit you are cleverer than I am. With pranks, however, I think we both know I take home the prize every time.' I waited, and she shrugged grudgingly. 'Right.'

                I turned back to the lock, pressing my ear against the ticker and squinting as I turned the dial.

'Bingo,' I muttered eventually, as the door sprang open a few inches and I pulled it the rest of the way. 'Hand me my bag.'

Molly did as I asked and I unzipped it quickly, pulling out the plastic baggie of weed and giving it a rudimentary wipe down with my sleeve to wipe off any residual fingerprints. I saw Molly rolling her eyes at my theatrics, but I wasn't taking any risks; and Townsend is the last person I'd go to for advice on how to break the law.

'I can see you're practically an expert at this,' she hissed, as I moved some books out of the way and nestled the drugs at the very back of Twitch's locker. She didn't have a whole lot of things in there yet considering she was so new, but it wasn't very hard to make it look like I'd never been there. 'Break the law regularly, do you?'

I made a face as I clicked the locker closed and slung my bag over my shoulder, biting my tongue on a retort about her desire to break the law in any number of positions with Mr Ross. I knew she could tell what I was thinking though, because she suddenly blushed and averted her gaze.

'Are you sure this is gonna work?' she settled for asking.

'Yes,' I replied confidently, taking her elbow and guiding her down the hall, away from the scene of the crime. 'Wait until fifth period tomorrow so we both have alibis, then go to Mrs Hastings' office and tell her you think there are students storing drugs in their lockers. She'll order a search and they'll find Twitch's "stash" and she'll be outta here before Mr Ross can adequately show his gratitude,' I finished, winking.

Molly ignored me, focusing instead on what could go wrong. 'Won't it be kind of suspicious, though? I mean, Twitch getting me into trouble and then two days later I "accidentally" get her expelled? I really don't think it's a very good idea, Ivy,' she mumbled, chewing on her bottom lip worriedly. Molly's got really nice lips – all soft and pale pink and plump. 'Maybe you should be the one to go to Mrs Hastings,' she added, effectively pulling me away from my musings on whether kissing her would be nice because of her lips, or if I just wouldn't be able to get over her awful personality.

'Are you nuts?' I demanded, briefly considering that I may also be nuts for thinking about kissing her. 'If I go Mrs Hastings will know for sure it's a set-up. She thinks I'm the devil.'

'You are.'

I grimaced and said, 'Thanks,' sarcastically. 'It would only be suspicious if you mentioned Twitch by name when you go to Mrs Hastings' office. She loves you, she'll think you're just trying to worm your way back into her good books like the perfect little china-doll student you are. You have to admit Molly, this is completely within your range of habits.'

'That's not true!' she cried, rounding on me so we had to stop walking. 'That's really unfair! I know all about your-' she cut herself off and then lowered her voice as she glanced around to make sure there was no-one in earshot. 'I know all about your drug use and I haven't told anyone! Not to mention, you spend way more time alone with Mr Ross than I do, if I really wanted to get you in trouble I'd have told Mrs Hastings that you were the one having an affair with him!'