Chapter 2- Rosella's Day

Rosella's pov

I woke up in the morning trying to have a positive attitude, as my alarm went off. It was 9:00 am and I assumed my mother would be sleeping right now. I hopped out of bed, took a quick shower, braided my long, blonde hair and dressed in dungarees.

I just recently did my Bachelors in Business Administration. Due to lack of finance, I couldn't continue and do my Masters but I guess that is fine. I am the only child. My mother babysits children in our neighbourhood and she loves me dearly. I am just twenty and I work part time at Louis' Diner. Louis is a forty year old man. He treats me as his daughter and he was really close to my father. My father died three years back and since then I have been working and saving.

"Rosie, wake up honey," my mother called out.

"Mom I was already awake. Just got ready. Let me make breakfast for the both of us."

"No honey, I don't feel like having breakfast today. I'll get ready and then I'm going grocery shopping. Amanda called, do you want me to drop you at her place?"

"Sure mom"

Amanda is my best friend. She was my shoulder to cry on when my father passed away. She's been with me since we were kids. Our mothers are pretty close so my mom often goes shopping with Amanda's mom. Their house is just a few blocks away so we often visit each other.

My mother was silent during the ride and I knew the reason behind her silence and sadness. She waved me goodbye as we stopped at Amanda's house.

"Hey Ella, guess what?" Amanda screamed as soon as I entered her house.

"What?"

"I got a job at Collin's International Corporation! It's a dream come true, I am so happy"

She had been applying to that company since the past two years. Apparently it's a huge company, becoming more successful each year and Amanda has a crush on Chris Collins, the CEO of that company.

"That's great, I am so happy for you," I exclaimed as I hugged her.

For the next few hours we gossiped and also decided to watch my favourite movie, The Notebook. I am a sucker for romance novels and movies.

As the clock struck 5:45pm, I said bye to Amanda and made my way towards Louis' Diner. I work from 6:00 pm to 11:00pm which is fine considering I get $10 per hour. I love to bake brownies and I also serve as a waitress. I work alongside Brandon and Layla.

Brandon is a really sweet and caring guy. He is taller than me, he has brown eyes, brown hair and works out occasionally. He is also very handsome and girls often hit on him but he ignores their advances. Layla is a quiet girl. She has blonde hair, blue eyes and she's really skinny. She dresses up decently and rumour says it that she has a crush on Brandon. I would ship them together, they would make a very cute couple.

As my shift got over, I made my way out of the diner. Usually I would just walk back home but today I decided to go to the florist first. I was afraid that the florist would be closed since it's too late but luckily, the florist shop was open. Fortunately I got the last bunch of red roses.

Suddenly, I saw a man, whom I assumed to be a driver due to his clothes, approach towards the shop keeper and asked for red roses too. The florist kindly apologised that the last bunch of red roses had been sold. The man left the shop and I searched my pocket to pay the florist.

Just then, a man entered the shop. He was so mesmerising, his stubble, his eyes, his body. He was dressed up in a fancy suit and he seemed to be a business man. He had this aura and authority that the florist immediately greeted him with fear in his eyes.

"I sent my driver to get red roses, I want red roses right now," the man commanded. How rude of him, I thought.

The florist immediately snatched them from me and handed them over to the man. It took me a while to register what just happened.

"Excuse me? What-"

The florist gave me an apologetic look. I was first infuriated but then tears welled up in my eyes. The man observed me and looked into my eyes. I was about to walk away but I heard the man's voice again. "Never mind, give these back to the girl. Hand me over those lilies"

I was over joyed and hugged the man who handed me those flowers. A smile crept on my face which was noticed by the man as he smiled back. I hurriedly handed the money and left the shop.

Making my way to the cemetery, I kept the bundle of roses on my father's grave. "Happy Birthday dad, mom and I miss you dearly."

Author's Note:
I appreciate every single person who read the first part of my story, commented, voted and/or followed me. They made me extremely happy. This story will be in alternate pov's. One chapter will be in Adam's pov and the other in Rosella's. Thank you so much once again, your support and appreciation is what motivates me the most. :')
Q: What is your favourite tv show?
A: I looooove Grey's Anatomy and Riverdale. What about you?