e. kusanagi

EPILOGUE!
KUSANAGI ODESZA

EXCERPTS FROM
THE DIARY OF
BENNY RODRIGUEZ

┆┆ ┆ ┆┆┆┆
❀┆ ┆ ┆┆┆❀
✿┆ ┆┆✿
❀ ┆❀
  ✿

June 1, 2018

I haven't written in a while. It's just because a lot has been going on. Well, it's been quiet for a few months now, but I guess I needed the time to recover. Kayla's hormones shot up, and the baby died. I don't know why that would happen, but it did. That happened November 11th of last year.

Anyway, I decided to start writing again because today is the day, three years ago, that my life changed forever. And so is today. Like, right now.

Kayla came with me to visit my mom and dad, and I don't think I had it specifically planned for now, but I ended up asking her to marry me. And she said yes! ... Pretty much. She went on about how she felt like her soul had always been married to mine, and how legal papers were just proof that you could touch, but she did say yes.

I know I seem reserved in writing, but I feel like my heart's going to burst. God, help me.

P.S. Kayla thinks Liz is pregnant.

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

July 21, 2018

Turns out Kayla was right. Liz is pregnant! Luke is so happy. That guy is so crazy over my sister, I can't even get protective (especially since he isn't the intimidating "You hurt my sister, I'll pummel you" type to me). Which is cool.

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

December 15, 2018

Today, Luciana Hope Sullivan entered the world. She's beautiful, and she has the fullest head of hair I've ever seen a baby have. And it's black too. Liz and Luke didn't give that baby another chance, haha.

I don't feel at all like I thought I would. The entire time Liz was pregnant (which was a hard journey for her), I always had this feeling in my gut, like jealousy and a little bit of anger. I always felt super guilty for it, like a horrible person, but... once I watched Luci enter the world, all of that negativity went away. I love her so much, and I'm glad to be her uncle. It'll suck, though, because she'll be a heartbreaker someday. She doesn't have another choice in that either. I feel bad for Luke, lol!

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

April 21, 2019

Prom... Let me tell you about prom.

So, Kayla wore this long black dress, one with a slit in the leg, and it kind of sparkled under light. Ivy did her makeup, and she was wearing all black and red, and she looked like some sort of angel. A dark one, but still. I felt so proud to be there with her, for everyone to see and know that THAT is MINE.