Chapter Seventy

Chapter Seventy: Olli's POV

"How the hell did you even manage to get him to give you his address?" I asked Beau, who sat across from Rob, and I. We were in some Tim Hortons in downtown Toronto, just an hour before we left for Whitby via train.

"I made up some elaborate lie about how Bortz wanted to send him a package over the Summer." Beau sipped the frozen, caffeinated drink in his hands. I couldn't quite remember what fancy name it had.

"That doesn't even make sense." Robert argued, taking a bite of his bagel. That guy was seemingly always eating, which was weird, considering how lanky he was.

"It's James, he's a moron. You don't need to be sensible when having a conversation with him." It honestly wasn't all-that far off. The guy was a little dopey, to say the least.

"It's kind of hard to think that he's Alex's brother. I mean, she's so wise, and he's so, James." Robert pointed out.

I shrugged, sipping my tea.

"So what's the plan?" Sunshine asked me, continuing to suck down the liquid caffeine he most assuredly did not need.

"That's uh, that's where it gets a little bit fuzzy..." I mumbled, not really knowing what to say. I honestly didn't have it planned out as to what I would tell Alex's parents.

"A bit fuzzy?" Asked Rob. "You may want to clear that up, considering we'll be on their doorstep in two hours..."

"What do I even say?"

"How about, 'I'm only nineteen, and you hardly know me, but I love your daughter, and I've proposed, and she said yes, so really, you're being forced to give me the all clear, too, that way we can get this show on the road.'" Beau suggested. I couldn't tell if he was being serious, or just fucking with me, but I really hoped it was the latter.

"I live with you, but still cannot tell if you're a comedic genius or a plain idiot." Rob muttered, shaking his head.

Beau smirked widely, before continued to chug his frosty beverage, chewing on the red straw in the process. It was a wonder girls found him attractive, really. "I'm pretty sure it's the comedic genuis." Beau swore.

I rolled my eyes, before asking again, "Seriously, what do I say to them?"

"Tell them you love their daughter." Bortz murmured, softly. "That she's the best thing to ever happen to you. That you love her more than anyone ever could, and that you want her to be yours for a long, long time. Pour your heart out. State that you know you're both young, but you're not dumb. Tell them that what you and their daughter have is real, and you couldn't imagine leading a life without it."

------------------

"This is it?" I asked, voice trembling, eyes fixated on the house that towered before me.

"According to the directions." Beau confirmed, slipping his phone -and our GPS- back into his pocket.

"So this is the Neal residence?" The white-sided house seemed terribly intimidating. It wasn't all that massive, or anything. It was just, very proper-looking. Clearly, Alex's parents had sticks shoved up their asses.

"I'm afraid so." Sunshine nodded.

"It's so, scary..." Robert whispered, suddenly. Robert, the 6'4 professional defenseman, thought the house was scary. This was great.

"Oh sweet geez." Beau snapped. "How terrifying could it possibly be?" He took a few steps, opening the gate of the picket fence. "Get your scrawny asses in here."

I'm not sure where he suddenly got this confidence, but he was pretty sure this whole meeting was going to go well.

Obviously, he was not a comedic genius. He was just a fucking moron.

Once we got to the front door, and Beau rang the bell, we were met by the piercing eyes of Mr. Neal. He was visibly surprised to see us.

"Ah-Lee?" He asked. "What are you doing here? And who are these thugs?" Thugs. Thugs. He called Beau Bennett and Robert Bortuzzo thugs.

"Well, I have something I need to talk about, Sir, and I was wondering if we could discuss the matter, indoors?"

He looked at me skeptically, before ignoring my request, and asking, "Who are these two-"

"I'm Beau Bennett." Beau crammed his hand in Mr. Neal's. "I'm one of your son's, and Olli's teammate. This is our other teammate, Rob." Meanwhile, Robert awkwardly stuck out a hand.

"That's nice, lad." He sounded bored. He then turned to me. "You wanted to talk?"

"Indoors, if it was at all possible, sir."

"Stop calling me sir, dammit. You're not in the goddamn military, Ah-Lee."

"I'm sorry for my friend's behavior." Robert suddenly spoke up. "But being in front of a buzzkill like you brings out his respectful side. He feels like he's in front of a drill Sargent. Now, will you show us inside?"

Mr. Neal nodded, quickly, before stepping aside, and pushing the door open even further. "Come on inside."

Beau smiled tightly, before shuffling inside ahead of me. At that current moment, I was incredibly glad Beau and Rob were with me.

"Now, what is it you want to talk about, Ah-Lee?" He asked, once we were inside.

"First," I began, "It's fucking Olli. Oh-Lee. Secondly, is Mrs. Neal around? I'd like for her to be apart of the conversation, too."

"She's in Edmonton on business. What do you need, boy?"

"Well," I was leaning against the front door. Three sets of eyes were locked on mine. No pressure. "Well Mr. Neal, I'd like to marry your daughter."

"Alexandra?"

"No, the other daughter you and Mrs. Neal cranked out." Beau remarked. "Yes, Alex."

"You want to marry my nineteen year old daughter?" He asked me. Actually, it was less of a question, and more of a low growl.

"Well, you see," I awkwardly ground my toe into the ground. "I may have already asked her, sir. And she said yes."

His eye twitched. "You asked my only daughter for her hand in matrimony -without my permission- and she said yes?"

I nodded, wordlessly.

"Wow. Were you even planning on inviting us to the ceremony, or were your just going to send us a postcard from the honeymoon?"

"Well sir, I came here to ask if it was ok that I asked her...?"

"You already proposed." He stated, blankly. "Why are you just coming here now?"

"Well, sir-"

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP CALLING ME SIR!" Mr. Neal burst out.

"Sorry..." I awkwardly murmured. "I just, I want to get the all-clear from you. You opinion does matter very much to me, and Alex."

"You're seriously taking my opinion into consideration?" He clarified.

"Of course."

"In that case, no. No, you may not marry my daughter."