Chapter 1

Here is the next part! Hope you like it, please tell me what you think in a comment or you can vote!!

“Come on, Karyn.”

I spun around my leg cutting through the air swiftly before colliding into my opponent's arm as they blocked my kick. I could feel the anger begin to course through me, I couldn’t seem to land one hit. Twisting my body again I turned sending a punch directly into Daimens chest, crashing my knuckles into his strong muscles, emitting rippling pain up my arm. I could feel his chest shake slightly beneath my hand as he laughed.

I glared and bent over to cradle my hand, then I instantly knew my mistake as Daimen tackled me to the ground, pinning me under him. I could hear the soft laughter of other students as they passed by, watching our training. It was next to impossible to win against Daimen, everyone knew that including me, but I had no choice in the matter since he had was my Instructor at the Academy, a school that trained Fledgling to become Nightwalkers. Once a Fledgling reached sixteen entered the school they were assigned an instructor, a full fledge Nightwalker who had graduated from the Academy already.

Though I’m not the usual Fledgling nor was Daimen the usual Nightwalker. I am the only Fledgling or Nightwalker to be born to a human family, so according to the group of fifteen Nightwalkers that made the rules and laws called the Council, I’m important and need to be watched constantly. Pretty much meaning I have no freedom and everyone rules my life, but me. Yes, my life isn’t so great.

For almost five years, I was the only Fledgling that was under age for the school, roaming the halls of the Academy since classes were only offered to those over sixteen. So most of my time was spent waiting for Daimen’s classes to end so I could follow him and his friends Mekro and Trexton around, much to his dismay. I couldn’t blame him with the pressure of his uncle and school, having a little girl following him around doesn’t allow him much of a social life. Though the main reason was his Uncle Cyrus.

When he was a child Shadow Demons had raided the city his parents had been hiding in as they traveled to the 1st Academy. The Shadow Demons had killed almost everyone in the small city before being run out by a ban of human guards. Daimen had been one of the few to survive the brutal attack, but unfortunately his parents weren’t so lucky. His uncle had taken him in and started his training years before he was permitted to enter the Academy and by the time he had entered the school he was years ahead of anyone in his class.

Everyone in the school had liked Daimen instantly despite the cold attitude he had towards many, an attitude forced on him by Cyrus. As he became the newest member of the Council, he drilled Daimen constantly on everything from school work to skill training believing Daimen’s skills reflected onto him. By the time he was graduating from the Academy he was already known as a master, a name given to a powerful Nightwalker that was extremely skilled and was given the privilege to choose a trainee.

As far as I knew it would be me, but honestly you never truly knew with Daimen.

Letting out a heavy breath, Daimen pushed himself up so he could look at me. “What have I told you about letting your guard down Karyn.” I nodded, watching as he lifted himself off of the ground before offering me a hand.

“I know Daimen.” I muttered, I rolling my eyes at him.

“Alright, enough combat for the day.” He said solemnly before crouching down to unstrap my guards, I watched as passersby waved at the two of us causing me to give a small smile before beginning to remove my arm pads. “Cyrus has been asking about you.”

I let out a groan knowing he didn’t want to hear his name as much as I did.

 Though the past i had seen all the pain Cyrus Henderson had put on Daimen, from the extra years of brutal training he had forced upon him had caused Daimen to close off all his emotions, only showing his true self to a few people. From the moment Daimen, Cyrus, and Arcane Canton, the headmaster of our school, had taken me from my parents home Cyrus had tried to do the same to me, and control everything I did. Every move I made was under his watch, if he was at our school, 6th Academy or the 1st Academy with the rest of the Council, he always managed to know what I was doing.