Introduction

OfTheWeek's mission is to spread positivity in the Wattpad community and to expose writers to eager readers. In this newest project, Of the Month, each month will be given several genres. Within this month, readers and writers alike can nominate the best bests of the genre, and several people will be given the award Book of the Month.  In this competition-esque movement, the goal is to give more writers of different popularity and writing levels the chance to get more exposure, as well as engaging more and more readers and writers to make this movement even bigger.

Rules

1. OfTheWeek will not tolerate any negativity. If you have an opinion that may be offensive, please talk to that person or address the situation privately, or just keep your thoughts to yourself. This project is to nurture positivity and it won't hesitate to block any users who are being rude or crass.

2. To nominate an author or a book for this of the month competition, please contact us through private message. Any messages of self-promotion on the wall or through private message will be deleted.

3. To make this project successful, please fan this account, OfTheWeek. This is not to gain fans or to become popular. Fanning will allow you to stay up to date with authors of the weeks as a big part of promoting come from follower messages.

4. You may not nominate yourself for any genre awards. By doing so, you'll be self-promoting and promptly ignored. That said, we encourage you to nominate your friends who you think deserve to win.

5. Authors of the month are based on the quality of his or her writing, not on his or her relationship with OfTheWeek. Everything is objective as we strive to look for the best writing, not the best people. Of course, the more nominations of a certain book, the higher chance it has of winning.

6. To be considered as a genre winner, you do not have any requirements to meet. While we encourage that you nominate lesser known authors who don't have as much support, these awards are open to all writers, popular and new.

Procedures

There are several things to note: each month will be assigned either several genres (romance + comedy, etc) or several categories (best plot, best characters, etc), and there will be several winners.

At the beginning of each month, the new genre/categories will be announced with a new chapter under Of The Month. You may nominate unlimited stories for those genres/categories. For example, you may nomiate book A and book B for Best Romance, and book A and book C for best Action scene, etc.

To nominate, please private message a link, a summary, and a brief reason why this book deserves the certain award. At the beginning of your message, please title it MONTHLY NOMINATIONS.

Once we have a certain number of nominations, we will look at the stories nominate in two ways:

                       How many people nominated this story for this award?

                        How good is the quality of the story?

At the second to last Friday of the month, we will announce the finalists with a brand new chapter of OfTheMonth.

You then may vote through pm. Send us a message, saying which author deserves which title. At the beginning of each message, please title it, FINALIST DECISION.

Once the winners have been decided, we will post a new chapter with the winners' name.

Outlets of Promotion

Authors will be promoted through the OfTheWeek account by mass messaging, which means it is best to fan this account. They will also be promoted through ask.fm and through Anne's account, @Infatuated. In the future, authors could potentially be promoted through Facebook, with permission. Authors' books will be added to the Book of the Month reading list. Books and authors will also be featured in this book.

Libraries

The Book of the Week library is a compilation of noteworthy novels by authors of the week.

The Book of the Month library is a compilation of past and present winners of awards.

The Favorites library is a compilation of noteworthy novels that are popular, completed, or too popular to be nominated. These novels are well-written and must reads; browse through if you're out of books or waiting for the next author of the week.

The Suggestions library contains novels that have been nominated through ask.fm but may not have won.

Miscellaneous

I ask that you as a reader or writer support others on this site. The best thing to do to help out other authors is to read their novels and leave comments detailing what you liked and what you didn't. That is what authors are looking for; feedback and compliments are always really nice and help to nurture the positivity that we are aiming for. Make friends with these authors and make friends among yourselves. Build up a community through communication and friendship.

Tell you friends about this project! The ore people we get involved, the more successful we can be. The more successful, the more success our readers and writers can have.

If you would like to get involved in any way, please let me know through pm!

Please make this a project a success through involvement and positivity.