018 | emergency

Leon drove us back to where the cars were left and dumped the Civic

Leon drove us back to where the cars were left and dumped the Civic. Letty handed her keys to Mia as she and I got into the backseats; we were both still in pain but not as bad as when we wrecked.

We all rushed back to the house, and I wondered why for a moment until I realized that Brian was an undercover cop. It wasn't by chance that he started hanging with us.

That's why everyone was quick to disperse when we parked up. "Rosalie, go to your room," Dom ordered as soon as I got out of Letty's car. The Latina gave me a sorry smile as she ran into the house.

I gave Dom a confused look, sure I knew he was waiting for Brian to show up with the police, but I didn't understand why he was being so harsh on me to leave, "But why I..".

"Now, Rosalie!" Dom yelled angrily, making me jump at his tone. I gave him a hurt look before walking into the house, running upstairs to my bedroom, and slamming the door behind me.

Pacing angrily, I stopped in front of my mirror and gasped at how disheveled I looked. My eyes gaze over each cut and graze I had from the car crash; my whole body hurts.

Although I realized the crash could have been much worse than it had been, Letty and I walked away from it alive, so that's all that mattered.

Sighing at all the noise in the house, I waited for the other shoe to drop. For swat or some other police force to barge into the house and arrest everyone.

Everything had fallen apart so quickly, and as much as I wanted to, I couldn't entirely blame it on Brian.

I just wanted everything to stop, for it all to go back to normal. Where we were having family BBQs where the only thing we had to worry about was dry chicken.

Not car chases, heists, and wondering if family members were going to die.

After cleaning my sore face, I sat on the edge of my bed, wondering where all the noise had gone. My once panic-stricken house was now completely silent.

"Dom?" I called, opening my door slightly, but nothing was said back. In fact, everything seemed to be silent.

Opening my door wider, I creeped out of my room and waited for the wrath of Dom. It was very rare for me to be sent to my room, but when my brother did it, he meant business.

Listening at the top of the stairs for a few minutes, I frowned when all I could hear were sobbing noises. I knew that crying, it was Mia. I guess she was alone down there, but where was everyone else?

Walking into Dom and Letty's room, I noticed it was a mess. Things were thrown around, and the wardrobe was wide open. It looked like someone had trashed the place or was rushing to leave.

Going into Leon's room next, I noticed the same thing, but this time everything he owned was gone. All of his clothes, car memorabilia, and the pictures we'd taken together were missing.