Chapter Fifty-One

(A/N: Follow me on Twitter for update info., questions, comments, or just to be friends :]  It's good to be back! Vote and comment!❤️ P.S. Thank you Abby for helping with this chapter :] )

Previously in ASTR:

And then it hit me, he did like me. He did extremely small things but if you put them all together, it makes sense. I was cut out of my thoughts when his hand left my neck and was placed on the lowest part of my back, but he continued to kiss me, I never kissed him back. I heard footsteps and I forgot that my door was opened.

I pushed him away from me and I turned my attention to the doorway. My mouth was opened because there, standing there was the reason why this all just happened. The reason why I'm leaving soon, why my heart is broken, and why I haven't smiled. The reason why I can't stand to be here, in New Jersey anymore.

The three of us were quiet, probably from shock. But I had to speak. I had to say something, anything at this point. I want to curse him out, and tell him to get the fuck out. But I couldn't. I physically, mentally, and emotionally couldn't. The only thing that came out of my mouth was.. "Mikey?"

******************

__________________

Songs for this chapter:

Summer -Calvin Harris

 Free -Haley Reinhart

__________________

*Rebecca's POV*

"Good morning sunny New York City! It's going to be really nice today with a high 87 degrees and no humidity! So crank up the radio, put your sunglasses on, and enjoy the beginning of the summer of 2014!" The voice on the radio said. I pulled my blonde and brown hair into a high pony tail and I put on my sunglasses. I was in the car with my mom and all of the windows were rolled down, so the hot summer air was blowing my mom's light hair.

"Are you excited?" My mom asked me with a big smile, while her eyes were still on the road in front of us. "For what?" I asked her and she laughed. "To spend the summer with your aunt!" She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh that, I guess so." I said and I turned my attention to the cars zooming by us. I wasn't happy at all, but I had no choice. My mom got a new job in late May, which takes up a lot of her and our time. She became a personal assistant to some sport, player, guy. So she works most weekends and all weekdays. That's why I have to spend the summer with my aunt and my  cousins.

I'm fifteen already, I should be able to stay alone, it's not like she's going to a different state or country. She always comes back at night. But me being me, I just went with the flow. It's currently June 26, 2014- my birthday. I'm spending three whole hours of my birthday, stuck in a car. I would've went to my aunt's earlier but my high school asked me to stay an extra two weeks to help with their summer camp for the little kids.

I'm actually kind of nervous to go to my aunt's, I only see them for holidays or special occasions... this is the first time that I'll actually see them more than 10 times a year.

My mom finally decided to close the windows and turn on the air so I pulled my hair out of the scrunchy and let it fall into place. I decided to change my look early this summer. My aunt Jackie came up to New York for a weekend with Nora and I showed her a picture of the kind of color hair that I wanted and it was just adding some blonde to it.

So now my hair is long, one length, blonde, brown and light brown, because of the sun, different from last year. I also don't have my second holes anymore, I changed the earrings too soon, which didn't let them heal. And since I was helping in summer camp, I'm pretty tan now, and I have those awkward tan lines.

I guess you can say I look some-what different.

An hour and a half later, we finally made it to my aunt's house. Our car pulled up into the driveway and my mom bleeped the horn to signify to my aunt, that we were here.

As we got out of the car, my aunt and cousin came out of their three story house. It's brick and has regular sized windows.

I opened the trunk and helped my mom pull out my two suitcases and two carry-ons. I think the older I get, the more shit I take with me.

"Hi Becky! Happy birthday!" My little cousin said as she ran and gave me a hug. "Hey Gina! Thank you!" I hugged her back.

Oh yeah, didn't I mention today's my birthday? It doesn't feel like it though, another year older, but I feel exactly the same. Fifteen, most girls look forward to the day they turn fifteen, but not me. All I'm looking forward to is the end of this summer.

Gina is really skinny, tan, has light brown hair, and dark brown eyes. She is only two years younger than me, which makes her 12; her birthday is in July.

"Hi honey! Happy birthday!" My aunt said as she hugged me. "Hi aunt Phyllis and thank you!" I said. We all took one bag each and walked into the house.

"Are you excited that you're going to be spending the summer with us?" Gina asked me and I flashed her a smile and nodded.

"Let's get you already because I have to leave as soon as possible." My mom said and I nodded. My aunt showed me to my room and it was small, purple, and there was a twin sized bed.

So much for having a mansion, I get the smallest room around.

After a half an hour of unpacking, some of my stuff, it was time for my mom to leave. I hugged her and told her that I'll call her every night unlike last summer.

I actually have nothing to do, at all.

As I watched my mom's car drove out of the driveway, my cousin wanted to show me around since it's the first time that I've been in their new house.

I nodded, her, my aunt, and I walked around the house, in and out of each room. As we approached the garage my aunt asked me a question that I honestly didn't want to respond to, "Becca, aren't you excited as much as I am to be spending the whole summer here with us in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania?"

No.