A Summer Forgotten

We walk into 1st period, Chemistry and we both sit next to each other.

The walk to class was really quiet between Veronica and I.  She looked really nervous since we talked to Valentino.

Valentino. 

Why am I so caught up on him?  It was only 5 minutes!!

I look at Veronica.

"Ronnie?"  She jumps in fright.  She must've been really zoned out.

"Did you know him?  Valentino?" I ask cautiously.

She looks at me with hesitation.  "Umm...well I-"

She was about to explain but a deep manly voice stops her.

"Is this seat taken?" He asks.

I look at him and realize he's talking to me.

Oh my gosh.

"No! Go right ahead."

He smiles and takes the desk next to me.
Veronica just stares dumbfounded. 

She's basically drooling!!  I elbow her to snap her out of it.  She bounces back and blushes in embarrassment.

"What's your name?" He asks.

"I'm Hestia.  And this is Veronica!!  What's yours?"

"I'm Grey."

Wait.  Grey.  As in Grey Carson?  The quarterback?

"Yeah that's me."

Wait did I just say that out loud?

"Yes you did."

Darn my lack of configuration between mental thoughts and speaking out loud.

"Oops." I smile to him.

It's clear he's trying to snuff his laugh.

"No!!  It's alright. Pretty girls can make mistakes to." I blush at the fact that he called me pretty.

"You're cute when you blush."

Valentino said the same exact thing this morning.  And now I'm thinking about Valentino again. 

I really need help.

The teacher walks in with a Starbucks cup in her hand, wearing a really...revealing outfit and is wearing pounds of makeup. She looks as if she could be in her early 20's. 

And she's probably far from it.

"Good morning class!! My name is Ms. Doyle.  Welcome to Advanced Chemistry."

*After Class*

"Could Ms. Doyle be any more provocative?  I mean the way she was looking at some of the male students is mind blowing.  Especially Grey, poor guy." Veronica was complaining about our Chem teacher.

"Well it must have something to do with the pounds of makeup on her face.  I mean seriously, I was really grossed out when she tried to hit on me."

Veronica and I look at Grey astounded.

"What?" He looks at us in confusion.

"You didn't find that hot or sexy in any way?" I ask still surprised.

"What? Ew no!  She's a teacher, why would I be into that?  Maybe some other guys, but I can guarantee I am most certainly not."

"Sorry." I apologize.

"No worries it fine.  I'm guessing you had a bad experience with other guys?"

You could say that again.