Chp. 7

Sorry I haven't written in forever but I couldn't really think of anything, please remember, some of the characters, statements, items and places, are from the games, I DO NOT OWN THEM. Thanks for reading

         I wake with a jolt, I turn to my right to see Jane gesturing for me to come out, I grab my things and crawl into her arms. They're comforting and full of love. That's all I could ask for, when I look around at the rusted metal and the salt water slowly making it's way through the cracks in the glass. I reach over to give a kiss on her helmet, but she quickly throws me in her metal protection and runs as fast as she can. I hear over the whoosh of the wind "Please, to the family of Rapture, find Lily and bring her to me. You will be rewarded." Sister goes even faster, trying to avoid splicers and other big sisters. I hold on tightly to the thought of mother and father. Seeing them together in the crowd of people waiting to listen about Rapture at the gathering. I'm very thankful that my mother wasn't approved, otherwise she would've turned out like those other crazy splicers. But my only question is, how are we going to get back to her? Maybe we won't, maybe we''ll stay her locked away in this horrible place. Or maybe if we're lucky enough, we'll find our way back, we'll see her smiling face again, we'll have love and hope and most importantly freedom. I want the touch of her soft lips on my cheek, I want to hear her soft laughter, and see her beautiful smile, and hug her. I want to feel her presence and know that she'll be there when I need her. Sit back in her protection, shoulders slumped, not really knowing what is going to happen next. I don't think I'm like the other little sisters, I know the difference between my voice and a real little girls voice, I know the difference between real daddy and another big daddy, I know the difference between my sister and another big sister. I know the difference! But why don't they? What makes me so different from them? I look like them, talk like them, I am them. But why do I know the difference. "I want to go home." I say quietly while tears slowly slide down my cheek. "I want to go home." I say firmly. Jane nods then swerves left and goes straight down the hall.

            We go to a small sub and I think back to my first day in Rapture, these are the same subs that we came here in. I smile at the memory, but then the memory fades away. Jane swings open the door and jumps in. She slams the door tightly and tries to start the sub, but it won't work, she looks around at all the the dials, buttons , and levers. The she finally finds it, in order to start the sub we need an electric shock. Well why doesn't she just use electro bolt? Well, when her powers took effect she chose incinerate, not electro bolt. Then it finally crosses my mind. "Gatherer's Garden." I say. Jane looks back at me. "Go to the Gatherer's Garden." I say quickly, she nods in response. We dash out of the submarine and to the nearest Gatherer's Garden were I saw a electro bolt plasmid. She snatches the bottle, shoves the syringe in it, pulls the lever up, throws down the bottle, sticks the syringe in her arm, and release the plasmid into her body. She trembles a little bit, regains her balance, then we're back toward the submarine. While we're zooming through Rapture I hear "Lily, if you want to go back to the surface, I will go with you, but you belong to the Rapture family, you are one of Rapture's leader's and if you won't come back to us, then Rapture will fall upon you. Rapture is yourhome and you will not leave it." Jane kicks into overdrive, we're practically flying through Rapture, just then we make it to the sub, She opens the door then slams it closed. She takes arm and shocks the box to start the engine. She pulls the lever, to make the sub go back up to the surface. But as we start to go below the floor the ceiling is crumbing down. Jane's hands are fumbling, she shocks the box again to make us move faster before it busts the top of submarine. Home, I'm finally going to go home. I get to see my mother and my father will always be in my heart. I want to see and feel the sun, I want the cool ocean breeze to touch my warm wet skin, I want freedom, and it will soon be mine. My sister and I will live a normal life, and hopefully our looks will go back to normal as well. We are staring out the window, in search for sunlight, and we can see it. I climb out her metal protection, then she nods, she walks over and grabs a scuba diver helmet for me to put on, that way the normal people won't stare. I smile before I put it on, knowing that my sister is wearing the exact same one. Once it's on, we reach the surface, Jane opens the door and we both climb out, it's around 6 am because the sun is just rising. I put my syringe and doll in one hand and hold Jane's hand in the other. We walk, knowing that people will definitely know that there's something wrong with us if Jane is running 40 miles an hour. I know we don't live that far from here, remembering the 2 minute drive to subs. Walking down the street I see the stop signs and traffic lights, and the normal world starts to rebuild in my mind. We finally make it to the door step and I ring the bell, I see mother walk down the stairs and to the door. She swings it open and says "I'm sorry, but who are you?" Jane lets go my hand, unlatches one of her attachments and says "Mother, it's Lily and I, we've come back from Rapture." I see the smile that I've craved for so long. She opens the door and lets us in then says "What happened to your father." "We'll explain to you once we get inside." Jane says.

            We sit down on the couch and mother says "Will you take off your helmets I want to see your faces." "I don't know if that's a good idea." Jane replies. "Why not?" Mother says. "I'll show you." I say. I remove my mask and mother says "What happened to you?" "The whole world of Rapture tested out this drug called adam, in the weeks that've past our faces have changed, and sadly father was killed by on of the drug addicts." I say. Tears start to well up in her eyes but then she says "Well at least you made it out okay, well other than the drug. I'm also glad you have stories to tell." She say while sniffling. "I think we can easily fix the drug problem, ooh, but look at what Jane can do." I say, then Jane snaps her fingers to activate and deactivate the plasmid. "Say your final goodbye to your powers." I say then take out my syringe. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" My mother yells. "I'm going to get the drug out of her body." I say calmly. "Oh, okay." My mother replies. I stab the syringe into her arm and to extract the adam. She trembles a little bit, then takes her syringe which is attached to her outfit, and repeats the process on me. Immediately you can tell the difference in our skin, the way I talk, and some other details. Jane quickly change out of our outfits and put something clean on. And then I finally felt free.