Samantha & Niall

I was alone in my flat, wallowing for what seemed to be no reason. I was having a very bad day.

Right now, I was sitting on my couch watching The Titanic. Usually, this would make me cry. But today, all I could do was blankly stare at the TV, thinking of other things.

I was about half way through when my phone rang. It was in the kitchen, still charging. I contemplated whether to get it or to ignore it, but I realized that it could be one of the boys. I jumped up and scurried to the kitchen counter where I hastily unplugged my phone and answered it.

“Hello?”

“Hello, love!” Liam cheered when I answered. “We were all wondering whether you would like to come out with us. It’s a lovely day outside and Louis and El have been asking to go swimming all day- care to join?”

I paused, thinking of a nice way to tell him that all I wanted to do today was eat my body weight in food. “I don’t think so, Li. Maybe another time.”

Liam, being my self-assigned parent, picked up on the bad vibes I had been trying so hard to hide. “What’s wrong, Samantha?”

“Just one of those days.” I sigh, leaning against the counter. I looked down at my shorts, slightly mesmerized by the colorful pattern.

“Hold on tight, because your day will get better.” Liam promises and we bid our goodbyes before hanging up.

I bring my phone over to the couch and plop myself down again. I grab the remote from the floor and resume the movie.

After several minutes, I found myself at the part where Rose and Jack are trying to outrun to water. I had stayed indifferent throughout the whole movie, but now I could feel tears prickling in my eyes. The idea that two people in love could be separated by something out of their power was devastating to me. Somehow, I felt like I could relate to that.

I wiped away a stray tear that had managed to escape and quickly turned off the movie. Why was I doing this to myself? I was only making my bad mood worse. I sit up and stretch, straightening my baggy black shirt. I brushed my long, reddish- purple hair behind my shoulders and stood up. I walked to the kitchen, hunting down something to eat. I had a craving for some chocolate milk, so I grabbed the ingredients and began stirring it together in the largest cup I owned.

As I raised the cup to my lips, there was a knock on my door. I sigh and take a quick sip of my drink before going to see who it was.

I look through the peep hole and see three familiar girls smiling back at me. A slightly smile spread across my lips and I realized what Liam had meant when he said that my day would get better. He had sent my best friends Dani, El and Perrie to cheer me up.

I took off the locks and opened the door for them. I opened my arms for a hug, which Dani quickly accepted.

“Hi!” Perrie cheered, giving me a hug. Her blond hair was braided and she didn’t have any makeup on. I had told her several times that she looked so much better when she went natural, and I was seeing her without makeup more often nowadays.

El then basically tackled me, laughing as she did so. “Hello!”

“Did Liam send you here?” I asked them, and they nodded. I was about to close the door when I heard a yell from down the hall.

“Wait!”

I stuck my head out the door when I saw Harry, with his usual crazy hair, running towards my door. When he got here, he clutched his chest and bent over to catch his breath.

“Others,” Wheeze. “coming.”

I turned to look at the girls. “You’re all coming?”

Dani smiled and nodded. “We’re here to cheer you up!”