•forever•

A/N

(Hi! :) I'm really sorry this is so so so so so so so so short but I haven't had anytime to really write a big chunk of this story. I'll try to update longer chapters more frequently. But, a massive thanks to anyone who's voted or even read my story :)

-junihe ❁)

The cool breeze slid over my face as I lazily rolled onto my side. The soft bed sheets tangled around my legs as my arms tangled around Matty's. His soft breathing was the only sound and his chest moved up and down. His eyelashes cast shadows on his soft cheeks and his hair lay in a tangled halo.

He was my angel.

I lay onto my back and smiled happily. I had just begun to close my eyes once again when a hitch in Matty's breathing caused him to startle awake. His half-lidded eyes peered around the room until they rested on me. His lips curved upwards and he scooted closer to me. He quickly pecked my forehead,

"Babe, get up, let's actually do something today."

I giggled and started to crawl out of bed. I immediately felt the loss of warmth but his arms soon hooked around my waist from behind. I made my way over to the mirror and looked up.

I screamed.

"Love, what is it?"
Matty scrambled to say.

"Matty, what the he-"

"Cece, love, what's wrong?"

/\

I gasped as I sat up in bed. My sweaty hair stuck to my forehead as my rapid breathing began to slow. The sheets were tangled and the moon was still casting patterns across my room.

It was a nightmare.

Matty was in love with me and I...

I was Cece.

I exhaled shakily and turned to face the clock.

1:02 blinked back at me as I started to lay down once more.

My head hit the cool pillow and I slowly shut my eyes. I kept telling myself that it was just a dream but it didn't help. My hand flew to my mouth as choked sobs started to rise. I was hysterical. Why was I so upset? Why couldn't I breathe? I curled into a ball as my sobs grew louder. Minutes turned into hours and my shaking hadn't ceased. Tears still flowed down my cheeks but I could breathe again.

The panic attacks were back.

I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression five years ago. I took my pills and went to therapy and it was under control so I didn't think to tell anyone. Even my parents. I begged the doctors and therapists and nurses to keep quiet. Thankfully, they did.

Matty didn't know.