Chapter 1

It’s a beautiful night here in Los Angeles. The Grammy’s were yesterday, and things we very hectic, so I’m glad I’m getting tonight to relax, chill, and have a pint with some of my mates. I flew them out here so they could attend Elton John’s Grammy after party, where I was performing, and even performed a new track from my upcoming album. They had never heard it before, so I’m glad they could make the trip out here to hear and see it.

Taylor graciously offered to let us all stay at her house for the weekend, so here we are. She’s inside with Athina cooking something for dinner. I was nervous about flying Athina out here because I didn’t know how she’d act around Taylor, but it seems as though they’re hitting it off quite well, so that’s a relief. Athina and I have only been dating for a few weeks, and we’ve kept it very private. My fans are speculating that there’s something going on, and I wanted Taylor to know first before anyone else, because she and I have such a great relationship.

Lately, I’ve been having stronger feelings for her than I should, which is why I knew I needed Athina out here. We’ve been apart for most of our relationship, so it hasn’t even felt like one. I’ve been tempted one too many times to kiss Taylor and to tell her how I feel about her deep down. Hell, I almost even gave it away when I performed ‘Tenerife Sea’ at MSG. But I can’t do that to Athina. What we have is great. Or at least I think it is?

“Hey baby! Why are you sitting out here all alone?”

I turn around to see Athina walking out to me. She comes over and sits on my lap and puts her arms around my neck, and pecks me softly on the lips.

“Why hello there. And no reason at all really. Just thinking about things.”

“Well, dinner’s ready if you’d like to come inside and be social!”

She got up and reached her hand out towards me. I grabbed it and we went inside.

There was a buffet set up will all sorts of different food. I get to the end and I see ‘Nandos’ bags sitting there.

“Wait, I thought you guys were making dinner?”

Taylor walked up to me and put her arm around my shoulder and laughed.

“Well… We were… and then Athina let the food burn while I left to go use the restroom!”

“Hey now, I told you I wasn’t very good at this! You never should have left me alone in here. It’s terrifying!”

“At least the cookies didn’t burn!”

Taylor laughed and pointed towards the other end of the table where a hefty selection of baked goods were laid out.

“Hey now, it’s okay babe. It’s the thought that counts right?”

I leaned over and kissed Athina on the cheek and then went right for the Nandos and beer. I took it back outside to the patio where Athina was sitting in a corner all alone. Taylor was at the table on the other side with Austin and a few of her friends. She was laughing and smiling, a few things that made me weak in the knees. I got lost in that smile, until I was quickly brought back down to earth by Athina punching me in the arm.

“Hey, what was that for?!”

“You were looking at her! Sit down here, look at me like that!”

“Looking at her like what? Babe, I was just looking around to see who all was here. Now, how about we don’t be outcasts, and go over and join everyone at the table?”

She shrugged, picked up her food, and we headed over to join everyone.