Chapter 14

Ashton pov: “I won’t let these little things slip, out of my mouth.” I sang pulling the straightener through my hair. “Cause it’s you, oh it’s you.” The song replayed for the fifth time today, a smile coming on my face because it is my favorite song. Putting the purple polish on my toenail I still sang along to the song. “You still have to squeeze into your jeans, and you’re perfect to me.” “Great job, babe. You sang it better than I did.” I screamed and jerked up causing a purple line to come up my leg. “Harry!” I blushed cleaning it off. I turned the music off and continued on my nails. “How’d you get in my house?” I asked. “Love, you really have to stop leaving your back door unlocked.” I mentally face palmed. “Your singing was good.” Harry said sitting next to me. “No it was not.” I laughed. “Seriously, it was. Does it run in the family or something?” I shrugged. “Harry I’m not all that great. But thanks anyways.” I laughed it off hoping he’d hop off the subject. “Seriously, Ashton. You’re really great. Will you sing more for me?” I shook my head. “No way.” “Why didn’t you try out for X-factor?” He asked. “I did. And I got pulled through but Niall wanted it more than I did so I dropped out. We didn’t want competition but look where he is now. I’m fine with my job and he’s living the dream.” I tried to sound as happy as possible as I concentrated on my toenails. “You gave up one of your dreams for your brother?” I nodded. “While he was living his dream miles away you were in Ireland, as a model being starved? By your old management I mean? And you’re okay with that?” He asked. I sighed. “Harry it’s not that easy. If Niall and I competed against each other it would have been a mess. We’d hate each other. Obviously Niall would have made it the furthest anyways. I was saving myself embarrassment in the long run. Like I said, I’m not all that good anyways.” I added the last coat and put the nail polish away. “Why don’t you audition now? Auditions end in a week.” I shook my head. “No Harry. No way. Please just stop. If I audition now what if I don’t get pulled through? What if I get even more hate, more than I can barely cope with now? Because if I did get put through everyone would say it was because of you or Niall. No Harry. I’m not doing it. I have shoots all week anyways.” “No you don’t. You have them three times this week. That is all.” I rolled my eyes. I decided not to continue the conversation so I stayed silent. “What do you want for dinner?” I asked. “The boys asked for a big dinner out tonight. Do you want to go?” I nodded. “Get ready.” He went into the bathroom and got in the shower. I wore a casual high low skirt with a pretty top and I pinned the right side of my hair back where it fell onto my face. After putting minimal makeup on Harry came out dressed and ready. “Find the clothes you left here, yeah?” I laughed. He nodded and smiled. After he was ready we got into his car. “Look, Harry, you cheated on me for the fifth time this week! With a married Lou Teasdale.” I giggled showing him and her inside the apple store. “Geez, can’t even help a woman find a phone without rumors flying.” I laughed harder and turned the radio up. “What’s this song?” Harry asked. “It’s on hits one all the time. It’s called Back Together and it’s by this guy named Jesse McCartney. I like it a lot.” (Couldn’t help myself. Promoting my bby. Go buy Back Together on iTunes! Sorry, I really couldn’t help myself haha!) Harry nodded and I sang along to the song. Once it was over we were sat at a red light and Harry was staring at me. “What?!” I asked. “You’re a great singer, angel.” He smiled. “Stop it..” I groaned blushing. He laughed and pressed the gas petal with his foot just as the light turned green. We finally made it into the restaurant and spotted the large table filled with the boys and their girlfriends. I smiled and waved at everyone while I sat down. “Are you ready to order now?” The tall man asked. We all nodded. Harry and I were last. “Um, can I have the steak and potatoes?” I asked. “You really want that Ash? That’s got so much fat in it that you don’t need.” I felt my face heat up. “Um, I mean can I have the chicken salad? With ranch…” The man slowly nodded, glaring at Harry. He walked away and everyone was silent. “Did you guys know Ashton is an amazing singer? She should audition for X-Factor I think.” Harry patted my back. “Um, I have to use the restroom.” I excused myself and walked calmly as possible into the restroom. I leaned against the sink and grabbed tissues from my purse. “You alright?” Perrie’s voice asked from behind me. I turned around and there stood literally every girl with us. Sophia, Eleanor, Perrie and Alayna. “I’m fine. Just allergies..” I lied. “Ashton you don’t have to pretend like what he said didn’t hurt.” Eleanor said. I sighed. “I’m sorry I’m not as skinny as you guys. I chose to be this way. As skinny as I was before I’d like to never go back. I can finally hold food down and I’ve gained all the weight I’ve wanted. Since I started working for the management in Ireland all I’ve wanted was something on my chest and backside. I guess I was wrong when I thought Harry of all people would like it. My thighs touch and I’m completely okay with it.” I was in a sniffling fit and they were awing. I kept dabbing my eyes in attempt to not make myself as upset. “Niall’s mad. I hope they’re scolding Harry..” Alayna said. I nodded and reapplied makeup so I looked okay. I walked out behind all the girls and quietly sat next to Harry again. Our food came and my mouth watered at the sight of everyone else’s delicious looking food while a stupid salad stared back at me. “I’d just like to compliment your shoes, love. They match your skirt that brings out your eyes.” The waiter said sympathetically. I’m pretty sure he only said it because he heard what Harry said but I smiled. “Thank you very much.” He smiled and walked away. “What the hell was that?” Harry asked. “A harmless waiter complimenting my clothes.” I answered sassily. “I should be saying things like that to you. Not other people.” He said sternly. “You haven’t once tonight. You’ve done quite the opposite.” I mumbled picking at the lettuce I’d rather not eat. “Why aren’t you eating?” Harry asked. “I don’t feel well. I’m gonna go back to my house. I have a long day ahead of me anyways.” “Your car isn’t here.” He said. “I’ll run you home.” Alayna offered. We got into her car and I leaned against the window. “Harry’s never said anything like that before. He’s always told me he likes me better this way. Healthy..” I sighed. “I’m sorry, love. Text me if you need anything, alright?” I nodded and stepped out of her car. I got inside and locked the front, back and side door. I washed the makeup from my face, took the bobby pins out and put pajamas on. An hour later the Catfish episode was over and my phone was going off along with knocking on my door. “Why are all the doors locked?” “Where’s the spare key babe?” “You alright?” “Are you sleeping?” “It’s cold let me innn!” “Angel face wake up. Your bedroom light is off. Your tv is on does that mean you’re awake or sleeping?” “Probably sleeping because last time I had to turn it off because you were sleeping.” “Goodnight angel, I love you. See you tomorrow! Xxxx:))” Were just some of the texts Harry blew up my phone with. The knocking stopped and he drove away. I sighed and curled myself up in attempt to sleep. This is going to be a long night.