Chapter 2

Hi guys, I hope you enjoy this chapter :) 

Alec made his way to his class trying to ignore the hurtful texts he was getting from his parents. He was nearly there when someone grabbed his arm, "Alec". 

Alec's eyes widened at the sight of Raj, "Leave me alone", Alec said and tried to leave but Raj tightened his grip on his arm. 

"Please listen to me I'm so sorry". 

"You really hurt me and-"

"I know but I just want a chance to try again". 

"I have already told you I'm not changing my mind I don't trust you anymore". The look of fury in Raj's eyes scared Alec and he tried to pull out of Raj's grip again but couldn't. 

"I asked nicely Alec don't make me hurt you". 

Alec's fear increased and was so relieved when a familiar voice spoke, "I think you should let Alec go right now!" Alec turned to see Magnus and his anger rivaled Raj's. 

"And what are you going to do if I don't?" Raj said stepping uncomfortably close to Alec. 

"I happen to be friends with Catrina Loss, you wouldn't want to loose your place here would you?" 

Raj's eyes widened he knew Magnus was telling the truth having seen him talking with Catrina a lot. "This isn't over Alec", Raj said and stalked off.  Alec breathed a sigh of relief when Raj let go of his arm and left.

"Maybe I should appoint myself as your knight in sparkling armour", Magnus said with a wink making Alec blush. Alec couldn't seem to stop blushing around this man. 

"Thanks for saving me again", Alec said shyly. 

"I'm glad I was around to do so. So you off to class?" 

"Yeah I am". 

"I could always walk with you in case there are any more exes around". 

Alec smiled happy that Magnus seemed to want to spend time with him, "I would like that thanks". 

Magnus grinned and offered his arm Alec shyly took it trying to fight another blush. Against his better judgement Alec wondered and hoped this meant that maybe Magnus was interested in him. 

Clary waved to them when they arrived and they sat with her. They were early and the only ones there or so Alec had thought. Alec's lighter mood faded when he saw that Jonathan had just walked into the classroom.  Alec knew that Jonathan hated art as he often berated Alec for loving art hurting him. Even worse before Alec knew his views on art he had painted a picture of the two of them and gave it to Jonathan as a birthday present. Jonathan had been furious, he had torn it to shreds and burnt it leaving Alec devastated. Alec realized Jonathan was just taking the class so he could see him and that really freaked him out. 

"Alexander what's wrong?" 

Alec sighed and nodded in Jonathan's direction. Magnus eyes blazed with fury when he saw Jonathan especially when he noticed that Jonathan was staring at Alec with a look of hunger. Clary also followed Alec's gaze and glared at her brother she wished he would leave Alec alone. Jonathan didn't seem to notice her as he was too focused on Alec. Jonathan got up and walked over to them. Alec immediately tensed and had to do a lot to stop himself bolting from the room. He smiled gratefully at Magnus when he wrapped a reassuring arm around him. 

"Alec let's skip class and have some fun", Jonathan said reaching to play with Alec's hair but he flinched away. 

"No I didn't want to last night and I don't now". 

"What are you talking about?" Clary asked in concern. 

Alec's eyes widened when he realized what he let slip but before he could respond Jonathan whispered in his ear, "I know you want to Alec, your parents want us to be together don't you want to make them happy?" 

Alec froze. This was the line Jonathan always used every time Alec had tried to break up and it had worked. But no more. Alec knew now that if he wanted to make his parents happy he would have to give up all his dreams and he couldn't do it anymore. Even when he had they still weren't happy. He had stayed with Jonathan because he was a family friend and they had grown up together. That made his betrayal so much worse. 

"Leave now Jonathan!" Magnus and Clary said at the same time having overheard him. 

Jonathan smirked at them, "You can't be with your precious friends all the time Alec".  Alec's heart pounded in fear at the threat and he was so scared he couldn't move away before Jonathan harshly gripped his chin and gave him a bruising kiss. Magnus and Clary pulled Jonathan away from him and he left to sit back at his table grinning at Alec. 

"Alexander are you alright?" 

"Yeah", Alec lied. His heart was still beating fast from the encounter with Jonathan and judging by Magnus' raised eyebrow he didn't believe him. 

"I'm sorry I didn't know he was in this class otherwise I would have tried to warn you", Clary said giving Alec an apologetic look. 

"It's okay thank you both". 

Throughout the class he talked with Magnus and Clary while they were working on their projects they had been assigned, trying to take his mind off Jonathan but it was so hard because Jonathan wouldn't stop staring at him. He could feel his eyes raking up and down his body making him shudder. Magnus and Clary kept subtly shooting Alec concerned looks and giving Jonathan death glares. When the class finished Alec left with Magnus and Clary flanking him and just managed to avoid Jonathan to Alec's relief. 

"Magnus!" A sickly sweet voice called out and a young woman with dark hair and bright red lipstick came over. She greeted him by kissing his cheek and hugging him. Alec looked sadly away missing the irritated look on Magnus' face. His heart sunk when he realized his assumption was correct that Magnus was already in a relationship. 

"Camille I'm sorry I can't talk we need to go to our next class". Magnus said in an attempt to escape Camille. 

"But Magnus we had plans". 

"This class is very important he can't make it", Clary said trying to help Magnus no one noticing Alec hugging himself in heartache. 

"Fine but you better make this up to me", Camille said angrily and stormed off. 

"Alexander are you alright?" Magnus asked when he realized Alec wasn't looking at either of them and was hugging himself.

"I'm fine", Alec said trying to keep the sadness out of his voice, Magnus was about to protest but Clary grabbed his arm. 

"Come on we have to go now or we'll be late", Clary said anxiously and pulled Magnus with her. Alec followed feeling heartbroken. He should have known better than to get his hopes up and think Magnus could be interested in him. He sighed when his phone beeped with another text.

'We need to talk please come round for dinner, if you don't we'll make Isabelle come round instead".  

Alec felt his heart sink. Izzy had just managed to escape their parents plans for her too and Alec knew that if she went to the dinner their parents would try and guilt her into doing what they wanted. Family meant so much to her that she would give in to protect him and Jace. Alec couldn't let that happen so he made himself agree. He knew it would be hard but Alec would have to do his best to stand up to them he had come too far to give up now, and he couldn't let them stop Izzy and Jace following their dreams. Alec spent the rest of the day worrying about the dinner and wishing Magnus wasn't with Camille.