Chapter 4

Forgot to add at the end of last chapter: SHIELD is fine, no dead/in hiding Fury. I might need Fury so Tony can annoy him later on.

Recap: I was so confused and im pretty sure my brain just exploded. "so, who did you find was my relative?"

The cops smirked, uh oh. Why are they smirking? "Your grandfather. Steve Rogers, aka, Captain America."

----------------------------------------------------------

I just blinked at them. Who the heck was Captain America? Sounds like some comic book hero. Wait, didn't Nico mention something about a world war two hero named Captain America? Cant be the same person could it? then again, He's apparently my grandfather and was frozen for years according to these cops.

While I was thinking this over the cops had left to most likely contact this Steve Rogers and see if he will take me in.

-------------Avengers Tower-----------3rd POV-----

The Avengers, minus Thor, and plus Bucky were sitting in there living room when JARVIS came on. (Jarvis is still in Vision, but I'd forget to put FRIDAY so.... I'm gonna stick with Jarvis. Get over it.)

"Sir, there are two Police officers down in the lobby asking for Mr. Rogers"

All of them looked towards Steve who had a confused look on his face. Tony suddenly grinned childishly, thinking that this was going to be entertaining called out "Send them up JARVIS."

"Right away sir."

Soon the team turned to look at the elevator when it dinged. Two officers stepped out, one a man the other a woman. The woman was the one who spoke while the other shifted some papers in a file around.

"Mr. Rogers?" The woman asked looking at him.

"Yes ma'am?" Steve questioned, slightly shifting in his seat, confused as to what they were there for.

"Were you aware that you had a daughter?" The officer questioned. Leaving Steve, and the other Avengers, dumbstruck and staring open-mouthed.

The officer sighed. "I'll take that as a 'no'. Anyways, as is seems, you had a daughter who is also the daughter of Peggy Carter." Bucky choked on air as Steve went bug eyed. Everyone else's jaws hit the floor. Even Natasha clearly looked shocked to the untrained eye. Then Natasha seemed to catch the past tense in the sentence.

"Had?" The red head questioned, her brows furrowing. The officer nodded her head.

"Peggy carter had given the girl up for adoption due to classified reasons and the girl, Sally, was adopted by the Jackson's. Years later when Sally was 8 or so, her adoptive parents died in a plane crash. She went to live with her adoptive uncle. Earlier today the murder of Sally and her husband Paul was called in-"

Tony cut her off, "Murder? Who called it in?" He seemed about to say more but Natasha elbowed him in the gut, effectively shutting him up and receiving a pained grunt.

The officer continued as the male officer handed Steve the file he'd had, containing all the legal proof of their words. "As I was saying before Mr. Stark interrupted me, the murder was called in by Sally's eleven year old son who had just returned home from a camp he goes to every summer."

The officer waited a second to see if anyone was going to interrupts and so they could process what she'd said. After a few moments she continued. "We are here because Mr. Rogers here is the boy's only known living relative. His father was lost at sea before he was born and is unknown as Sally refused to put a name on the boy's birth certificate. As the kids only relative, we are here to ask if you will take guardianship of him. If not the boy will have to go into the foster care system."

Steve looked over the papers in the file. They proved he did indeed have a daughter and that she had a son. He closed the file and nodded as he stood up. "What's the boys name? And where is he?"

"Perseus Achilles Jackson. He's lived here in New York his whole life. If you will follow us, he's at the station a few blocks down the road. Here, the kids file. You can look it over on the way." The officer handed Steve yet another file as he and the two officers made there way to the elevator. Tony had tried to follow but Natasha and Clint both pulled him back down. They figured it would be best for Rogers to go meet his grandson alone.

As Steve and the cops walked towards the station he noticed several things in the papers he was looking through and decided to ask about them. "It says here that he was kidnapped when he was 8 then went missing for months before contacting Sally saying he was ok before being spotted in several European countries with a group of older teens over a year ago and that he hasn't been to a doctors since he was 5. What up with that?"

The male officer who had been silent since Steve first saw him spoke up this time. "Yeah, Perseus and two older friends of his were kidnapped and taken across country, there was a man hunt, kid fell from the Saint Louis arch, miracle he survived, ended up taking the kidnapper on in a gun fight, and winning, before he and his friends made their way back to New York on their own. No one knows what was with the missing for 8 months and European teen trip. As for the not going to the doctors thing, no one can get near him with a needle or pill bottle. Don't even try getting him near a doctors office for a physical. Kid can and will fight, we tried a few hours ago to treat him for shock. Kid had both officers on the ground in minutes and seemed to be freaked out about getting a check up so we didn't bother."

To say Steve was shocked would be an understatement. He decided he'd see if he and the others could convince the kid to let Bruce look at him.

They were soon at the station and Steve was told to sign some papers to gain guardianship before he was lead to a room and left at the door. Taking a deep breath in, Steve slowly opened the door so he didn't startle the boy. The kid gave no indication that he realized Steve had entered to room so he took the change to look the kid over.

Messy black hair, strands hanging in his face slightly hiding sea-green eyes that seemed to be constantly changing and looked to be paler than they should be but that could just be from the shock or something. The boy was sitting in an uncomfortable looking chair leaned back and slouched shoulders, staring at the ceiling as if he had no care in the world. He had on a blue long sleeve hoodie even though it was fairly hot outside. The hoodie had a trident on each shoulder, and on one the back if he could see it, the same shade of sea green as his eyes, just a bit more vibrant. He also had on black jeans and combat boots with the same Sea green color for accents. The kids hands were in his pockets. Steve looked back at the kids face to see the two green eyes locked onto his.

"Its rude to stare you know."

Welp. There's that chapter. got passed my writers block, for now, and im trying to wrote chapters in advance so we don't have another month or so long wait.

Also a shout out to a few I've seen voting on my chapters, If I missed your name I'm sorry it probably got lost in my notifications.

Sikono

tebekah

houdini2015

Smash-leigh