Chapter 4

"What on earth is this?" Jade questioned, eyeing the potion warily, looking into the container.

    "A potion." Thea shrugged, "do you want to drink it, or not?"

    "Is it even drinkable?" Jade wrinkled her nose, but she tipped the potion into her mouth anyway. She didn't drink everything, not that she needed to.

    "Ew," was all she said. Jade shoved the potion into Gemma's hands. The latter gripped her hands tightly, knowing what was to come. Thea wrapped the golden shawl around Jade's shoulders.

    "Come, it'll be better in the ocean." She said softly in her sing-song voice. Jade could feel a fog in her mind, and she tried to hang on to something, anything. But she couldn't, and her legs instinctively took her towards the ocean. She took one step, and fell forward. Thea caught her, hoisting her up.

    "Come..." She sang, slowly leading the giddy girl over to the ocean. The moment Jade stepped into the ocean, her legs gave out completely. That didn't seem to be a problem for the siren, for she carried the girl bridal style, and dived into the ocean. Gemma kicked off my panties, then followed Thea into the water. The water seemed even more refreshing after she'd eaten. She hoisted up Jade's legs as it dragged on the sand. Gemma didn't know where Thea was swimming her to, do she just followed. There seemed to be a quiet agreement between the sirens.

    Finally, Thea stopped and lay the unconscious Jade on the seabed.

    "Why here?" Gemma asked.

    "It's far out enough that the common people won't notice her, but close enough to shore that the current won't wash her away." Thea explained as we swam back.

    "What do we do now?"

    Thea was silent. Then she turned and gave her sister a smirk, "now, we learn the siren way of life."

    "Him." Thea pointed to the man sitting on the shore. The water splashed his feet, and she wrinkled his toes. He wasn't very bulky, per se, but he certainly had some good muscles.

    "Get yourself a free drink." Thea challenged, patting Gemma's back. Nervously, Gemma walked toward the man. She made sure to sway her hips and raised her chin.

    "Isn't this a beautiful day?" She pretended to ask, settling down next to the man. Her feet touched the water and almost at once, she felt the familiar tingling sensation. Gemma pushed that away though, focusing more on seducing the man before her.

    He turned, giving her a once over, then smiled, "better now that you're here. The name's Ashley. You?"

    "Gemma." Gemma grinned. She flipped her hair back, smirking at him.

    "It's a hot day," He gestured out to sea. No, that was the west, the sun wasn't visible from their direction. But they could certainly feel the heat on their backs. "Let me get you a drink."

    Bingo. And she didn't even have to say anything.

    "Alright," Gemma nodded, pretending that hadn't been her goal all along. Ashley stood, then extended his hand. Gemma took it. As he pulled her up, she pressed her body against him. She could feel his heartbeat as Gemma pressed her hand against his bare chest.

    "Oops," Gemma forced out a girly giggle.

    Ashley's smile widened, "are you free this afternoon?"

    "Perhaps," She giggled, gazing up at him. Out from the corner of her eye, she saw Thea inconspicuously watching them. There was a smirk on her face as she watched the two interact. How easy it was, to wound people around her little finger.

    "I could show you around town." He said.

    "You're confident." Gemma commented, "how did you know I was a tourist?"

    "I've been living here all my life," Ashley moved away, taking her hand as they walked toward a bar. "And I haven't seen anyone half as beautiful as you."

    "You!" Gemma giggled again, loud enough now to attract the attention of other men. They stared at her, then glared at Ashley.

    "They're looking at you," Ashley frowned, a tinge of jealousy in his tone.

    "You said it yourself," Gemma shrugged as if it didn't bother her. It did, she never had so many men look at her like that before. "I am beautiful."

    It was easy talk. Ashley mostly complimented Gemma. And Gemma accepted them. They stepped into the bar, and the chatter died away almost at once. Sirens really did have a presence.

    "What are you looking at?!" Ashley growled, glaring around the room. Gemma's heart beat so fast, she wondered if he'd hear it. If a fight would break out, she wouldn't know how to stop it.

    "Ashley, let's get out of here." Gemma pleaded, trying to diffuse the tension. She put a hand on his chest and shoulder, but he shrugged her away.

    "Nobody looks at my woman like that." Ashley turned to the bartender. My woman. Gemma didn't like how the man just claimed possession of her.

    "Ashley, let's go," I whined, tugging at his arm.

    "No," He grumbled, "these scums need to know they don't mess with me." He stormed over to the first guy, who hadn't even been looking at us.

    "Ashley," Gemma sang instinctively. He stopped in his tracks, "Follow me."

    Gemma left the bar and Ashley followed like a good puppy. His glassy eyes, unblinking, were fixed on Gemma as she walked through the bushes, finding a quiet enough spot to wipe his memory.

    Thea waited outside the bar, a smug on her face.

    The noise on the streets had reduced to a low buzz, the sound blocked by the trees that surrounded them.

    "How?" Gemma asked. It scared her. She was going to completely erase a part of this man's mind. She thought back to Alex, the one man who loved her truly. The young siren had tried to twist his feelings, make him hate her, yet it didn't work. Alex had still found himself and came back to her eventually.

    "The same way you've been doing it till now," Thea advised, "just sing."

    Gemma turned to Ashley, "you don't remember me, or her." Gemma sang, whispering softly in his ear. "You were lounging at the beach, watching the waves."

    Ashley nodded slowly, muttering, "the beach... it's hot today..."

    "Let's go," Thea gestured with her head, toward the ocean, "he'll find a way back himself." Gemma stopped singing and stepped away. Ashley stood there, staring off into the distance. He turned and stalked off, not once looking at the two girls. Gemma and Thea took off, stepping through the trees and finding their way to an overgrown part of the coast. They kicked off their bikini bottoms and stepped into the water.