We'll Find A Way

• Dedicated to Abby my BOOOOO

So, I'm putting off writing my other story as I've seem to lose my muse with it. If you want to check it out, it's on my page and all. 

Which by the way, I want to thank-you for almost 1,000 reads! It means a lot!

Enjoy.

---------------

I don’t know when it ‘officially’ began. It must have been during the 2009/10 season. Our hopes were so high and we could really just...taste glory. Taste history.  

All I really know is that I get to sleep with him beside me and wake up with him snuggled in my arms. He’s still my best-friend, and my teammate,too.....To be honest I don’t really know what to call this, but I sure as hell don’t want it to change.

------------------

I awake with a jump, and slowly open my eyes lazily. Bright sun uninvitedly pours into my sight. I stretch a little, letting my muscles loosen and eventually, relax.

That's when I feel his arms around my waist, and the warmth of his body resonating against my own. 

  He was already awake and his beady little blue eyes were watching me. “I was waiting for you to get up. For a second I thought you might just sleep the day away.” Patrick sighs.

 I laugh and reply,”Sometimes you are the creepiest little shit I have ever met.” 

 “Screw you, man.” He says in a dramatically hurt voice.

 I look across the room, in search of the clock. It’s already 10 am. There’s a game in two days and I know that if I don’t do some drills I won’t be prepared.

We’re only a few months into the season and I can feel that it’s going to be a good one. But, no one knows better than a former Stanley Cup champ, that it takes more than a gut feeling to win games. This year I’ve definitely got my work cut out for me. 

 That’s why I practice so frequently. Because I love the team and I want us to win. You can’t win unless you work your ass off, and are dedicated. Not to mention I’m the captain of this team, and at the end of the day I'm responsible.

 ”Shit. Shit. Shit.” I mumble.

 ”Oh, gosh. What’s up your butt today, Captain serious?” Patrick giggles.

 I sit up quickly and throw back the large covers, forcing myself out of bed as quickly as possible. Then I pick up my phone from the nightstand and scroll through to see if I have any new e-mails.

 There’s silence for a while before I finally answer Kaner, "I’ve been meaning to work on my backhand shot. My wrist has been acting all wonky lately. You should probably tag along too. We need to get our ourselves focused and get back into the regular season flow....By the way, you need to stop calling me that. You make me sound way more wound up than I am.” I spit.

 Patrick scratches the back of his head and laughs to himself a little bit. “I can’t take anything you say seriously right now. “ He says with a dopey smile.

 “Why?” I ask confusedly.

 ”Too busy staring at your dick, Jonny.” He replies with a wink. 

My face starts to burn up and I throw a pillow at his head,"What a keeper you are."

 -------------------

So, this was an extremely short little chapter/blurb. I just want to know if you guys like my writing or if you would read more.

Thanks,

Katie.