How We Met

Me and my best ghoul friend, Catrine, were out at a French restaurant in Paris, on a warm and peaceful afternoon. We were talking about our weekend plans when suddenly the waiter walked over to our table. "Welcome to Les Ombres, what may I get for you on this fine afternoon?" he asked. Les Ombres was the name of the best restaurant in Paris, where you had an amazing view of the Eiffel Terror. It was my first time at this restaurant, but Catrine came here regularly and seemed to know everything on the menu.
Catrine looked up from her menu, "Bonjour, Garrott," she then closed the menu and looked like she was ready to order.
"Bonjour mademoiselle Catrine, are you ready to order?" he asked while getting his pen and pad ready.
"I'll have the usual," she answered without hesitation, "This is my friend, Rochelle, it's her first time at Les Ombres."
"It's a pleasure having you dine with us, chérie," he said. The sunlight shining from the sunset in the large glass window behind the waiter made it look like I was staring at an angel.
"Mademoiselle?" he asked.
"Oh- B-Bonjour..." I then looked at his nametag from forgetting his name, "... monsieur Garrott."
He then grinned, "Did you find anything that interests you on the menu?"
My eyes quickly maneuvered to the menu, I had no clue what to get. My eyes were scanning through the words on the page and everything began to get warm, I felt like sweat was pouring down my forehead.
Catrine looked over to me, noticing that I was struggling, "Garrott, if you don't mind, may you read the specials to Rochelle?"
"It would be my pleasure," he flipped back a page from his tiny notebook, "For tonight's specials, we have Poulet, a grilled chicken breast served with a honey mustard glaze. And Fruiti de Mer, served with scallops, and mushroom...."
I zoned out and couldn't get enough of his soothing voice, that French accent of his made it hard to focus on the menu items.
"She'll take the poulet," said Catrine. The waiter quickly wrote down the order, "your order will be ready as soon as possible." He then walked away.
"You feeling alright, Rochelle?" Catrine gave a genuine smile.
"O-Oui!" I raised the menu enough to hide my face from both, blushing and embarrassment. As I peaked over the menu, I caught Catrine's smirky-raised-eyebrow face, and couldn't help but smile.