insanity - 19

I'm not going to die, please say I'm not going to die, God, I have never really believed much in you, but please say I'm not going to die. I don't exactly know why I think I'm going to die, I have survived worse and yet standing here at the very heart of where Ander seems to contain his rage, the wrath that will hopefully not be unleashed, I fear for my life; although it may seem worthless or meaningless to people, it most certainly isn't to me, at least not anymore. 

"Ander," I try to muster my voice to be stronger, hold more conviction, "I didn't do anything, I didn't touch her. She was looking for you."

His eyes seem to lose some anger, they seem to soften just slightly and in the light I can see that his jaw is clenched, his fists are ready as though he intends to punch something very hard; and yet I don't feel scared, not anymore; I have survived worse. I look at the girl then, crying, pulling at her tangled hair; she just keeps whimpering and trying to cough out Ander's name. I would hug her, comfort her, but I won't , I don't hug people, ever. 

"I believe you," Ander whispers, before making his way toward the girl and kneeling in front of her; putting his arms around her and letting her cry into his shoulder; I look away. "I'm here now Alice, I'm here, I'll always be here."