Chapter 2

C H A P T E R  T W O:          

"Um, y-yeah... I guess, where am I and who the hell are you!?" She asked me, extreme confusion taking over her beautiful face, and believe me, her voice. It was like an angel, singing from Heaven.         

"The hostpital, so, what's your name?" I asked her, trying to hide my eagerness.         

"Harmony," she told me in a hushed tone.          

"Harmony." I breathed, testing out her beautiful name, even when I said it with my voice, it sounded heavenly. I leaned back and she watched me intently.         

"What's yours?" She asked me politely.         

"Nick, Nick Hayden Adams," I told her. 

"So, do you wear contacts?" I asked her, trying to stike up a conversation, she blinked, confused. Blinking again in sudden realization she just nodded. I smiled as I watched her fiddle with her fingers, obviously nervous.          "

Where are you from, Harmony?" I asked and she blinked. She thought for a moment before answering.         

"Honestly? I seriously don't know," she whispered. I blinked, confused. Did she hit her head. Then I shook my head. Of course she did you stupid idiotI scolded myself. She fingered the edges of her covers and I bit my lip. It seemed that we were both uncomfortable.         

"You must've hit your pretty head when you got struck by that meteor last night," I assumed as she looked confused. That emotion seemed to settle in perfectly on her face, and I just couldn't help it and smiled at her, explaining.         

"Well, you were struck by one during a meteor shower last night. I found you unconcious and rescued you," I couldn't help but smirk at my last sentence. She stuck her tongue out at me playfully and I smiled back at her, thinking just how adorable it had looked on her face.          

Suddenly, the doctor and the others came rushing back in. Doctor Weston's face was stricken with surprise. I looked over at Harmony and instantly knew she was feeling overwhelmed when everyone started crowding around her, not to mention all the questions she was being bombarded with.         

"Hey! What's the big idea?! Leave her alone! She just woke up!" I angrily defended her watching as one by one, they reluctantly all backed off. I smiled while the reporter - more calmly, I might add - began asking Harmony a few questions.         

"Do you remember anything about your past?" She asked her and Harmony only shook her head in reply, and I could tell she was still overwhelmed.         

After they left, I stood by the door and looked up into her gaze, both of our eyes locked. She blinked and looked away. She seemed so shy, but I knew I could break down those walls of hers and get to know her better. So, that's exactly what I was planning to do later on, as soon as she started feeling better that is.         

"Well, see you later, I guess," I smiled at her. She shook her head quickly, fear showing in her pretty violet eyes. I frowned and took a seat on the chair next to her.         

"What's the matter?" I asked, giving her my full attention. She smiled faintly before responding.         

"You're the only person I know in this strange place." she whimpered and I patted her hand. She tensed and I quickly shot my hands up in the air respectfully.