Chapter 1: That First Day

I heard the agonizing sound of my alarm clock going off in the back of my head only to be more absorbed by my lavender colored sheets. This sound only seemed to be amplified on the fist day of school just as it had been for the past nine years. Dragging myself up, I wandered aimlessly into my bathroom, my blonde hair seemed to be twisting and turning into a million different places. This is no where near how a girl should look on her first day of high school. I was in there for a whopping half hour before getting dressed and made my way to the small sedan my familly owned, trying to avoid my mothers awkward questions. It was a new year, new school, new everything. This had to be good, right? I began to question if I would turn back ot my old habbits, but quickly stopped. Those were now my skeletons in the closet for only me to know and nobody else to shine light on.

The drive to the large school took less time than expected which placed a small glimmer of hope into my nervous mind. I graced my mom with a quick hug goodbye a hopped out, my backpack sounding a large 'thump' while hitting my lower back. "Here we go" I muttered to myself as several people passed me attempting to shove their way into the same door I was heading for. The school was a large brick building and looked just like you would expect any other boring high school to look like. Breathing slowly, I entered the door, afraid that if I wasn't careful I would end up throwing up the butterflies that encircled my stomach.

Five agonazing minutes later, I found my locker, Just like any other first day freshman, I struglled with the pass code but eventually jiggled the thing enough until it opened. Emptying the contents of my back pack and standing up, I spotted my best friend Christy near bye. "Chisty!' I nearly shouted while stammering over to her.

"Good morning Haley." Christy rpeleid with a role of her eyes. I could tell she was against all the attention I had drawn to the two of us. Christy and I were a walking definition of the phrase 'opposites attract.' Christy was shy and timid and never wanted any unessary attention. I was loud and loved the spotlight. Our personalities were somewhat of a wedge between us and I wasn't sure our much longer our friendship could survive. "Could you maybe attwmpt ot keep t down just for today, I dont thing we need anymore atention then were already going to get." She was right, today was all about the new freshman as much as I hated to admit it.

I stuttered, "S-sorry. So have you seen any eye candy yet?" I winked at her, yet again she rolled her eyes.

"Oh god Haley. Get your head out of the gutte-" She was cut off by the sound of a ringing beel sending us to our first offcial class of high school.

I laughed, "Sorry Chirsty gotta go." With that I was on my way to face my new semi-scary reality. My life was starting to feel like a music video for Taylor swift's 'Fifteen'.

Class went by very so slowly as my high pitched, non fashionable algenbra teacher simply went over what was expected of us. Automatically I knew she was going to be a real pain in my ass.

Looking around me, I noticed a few familiar faces from the previous weeks freshman orientation. There were a few asians who everyone knew would be at the very top of the class, or at least that's the stereotype middle school had taught me. Everyone else looked just like typical freshman would, that was except for one boy.

He was sitting in the very back alone, as far as he could possibly get from another human being, and was completely silent. There was a single headphone entering his left ear;his eyes were slightly dropped towards the table as if he was avoiding eye contact like the plague. He was oddly mysterious. I automatically knew I needed to know more about him, but how?

My thoughts were so rudely interupted by the bell sounding loudly and my teachers hands coming together in a sharp clapping noise signaling the class had ended. The boy scrambled, quickly thawing his backpack over his shoulder and moving out the door.

*********

The day went by unevetnfully, full of new faces of both teachers and class mates, most of which annoyed me. I never saw him agian for the rest of the day. Maybe he was one of those kids who spent lot of their time in the intensive learning center or mayve he was just to shy to hang around downstairs where I was. Something about him had me hung up and itching for more. I didn't even tell Chirsty about him at lunch knowing that if I had, she would have rolled her eyes and told me she had no idea who I was talking about just like she always did.

When the final bell rang, straggled out into the car, my backpack full of sylabusses waiting for my mother loppy signature. As soon I a hopped in the front seat, I was bombarreded with questions

"How was it? Did you make any friends? How were you classes? Are your teachers nice? Who did you eat lunch with? I'm so proud of you!" My momed seemed to say in one never ending sentence. I quickly rolled my eyes praying that she wouldn't see then slowly answered her questions eager to fill the time it would take to get home. Finally the air was silent, allowing me to quietly endure the usual awkard car ride back to my house.

As I completed my light pile of homework that night, my mind refused to stop wandering back to the myserious kid in my fist period. I slowly realised that I knew nothing about him, not even his first name. I hadn't seen him at freshman orientation or any time before this morning. My infatation was growing at an uncontrollable rate for no reason what so ever. Could I really be that obsessed with a person after simply looking at them.

Soon, I gave up and decided my brain needed a little rest. I settled into my bed, set my ever so annoying alarm clock, and waited for Bella, my puppy to curl up next to me as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

The days of the week passed by at a glacial pace. By the time Friday came, I was ready for summer again, and not another eight and a half months of this school. My negative outlook seemed to change when I walked into my very lasy class on Friday, my very first home room class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys,

So Just to let you know, I'm begining to revise this book, I wrote it last summer, and a lot of stuff has changed since then. I will be the same storyline, but some things will change.

I LOVE YOU GUYS

THANK YOU FOR READING THE FIRST CHAPTER

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO READ THIS

~~~~~~love love love

Ashley