Supernaturally Yours, ON HOLD

Phew, I made it through the very awkward first chapter.Enjoy :) 

__________________________________________________

The thing about Cannistown, was that the weather was completely random. For example, today was so hot, that my tank top had stuck to my body in a matter of seconds, and I was developing a bad case of under boob sweat. Not attractive at all.

My brown hair clung to my forehead and neck as I trekked across the lawn, garbage bag in hand. I heaved it into the plastic cylinder, then stooped down to pick up some stray wrappers, glancing over my shoulder at the yellow farm house-turned-duplex, that my mom and I shared with Myles and his parents. Our moms had been best friends when the dinosaurs were around, and so naturally, Myles and I were inseparable.

Clutching a crumpled Kraft Dinner box and a Mars bar wrapper in one hand, I searched around for a pebble. I was successful in my quest, and picked up a pretty purple one.

I tossed the items in the trash, then hurled the rock at Myles' window on the second floor and waited.

"Seriously Kat? Are doors really so hard for you to learn how to use?" he grumbled, fiddling with the window.

"Doors are a waste of my time. But now that you're up, I think you should get your lazy ass down here and mow the lawn." I called to him, grinning.

He disappeared for a second, and when he came back he was holding a glass of water. He pulled his arm back, ready to dump it on me. I bounded across the grass, up onto the white porch that stretched across the front of the house, and crashed through the door.

I raced up the stairs into my room, but it was too late. Myles jumped out from behind the door, and tackled me.

That was the disadvantage of having a door that connected both sides of the house. It was easy for Myles to get in, and hard for me to escape. I still wondered what my mom had been thinking when she decided it was a good idea to live in the same house as her best friend, with only a door separating our families. It would have been more sane to get separate houses beside each other. But no.

I pushed Myles off me, and stood up.

"That does not look like a freshly mowed lawn." I said, jabbing my finger in the general direction of the window. He stuck his tongue out at me.

"Its Sunday. There is no way in hell im going anything even remotely helpful today."

Myles was cute, I'd give him that, but I didn't like him. Well, not in the way you're thinking. He was basically my brother. He had shaggy light brown hair, an emo-boy swoop, and was currently standing there in his boxers.

"Go put some clothes on, Its almost 10." I commanded.

"Jesus, normal people aren't even up at this ungodly hour." he murmured, turning around and shuffling back to his cave of a room.

I put my hair up in a ponytail, then shoved some random crap into my black canvas purse. My phone, a compact mirror cleverly disguised as a burger, some sunglasses, and my wallet.

Living with Myles was hard to explain sometimes, considering most people thought we were dating. Last year, this guy, Drew, had offered to walk me home, and had unleashed a storm of rumours when he found out we lived together. But I was pretty used to it by now.

Myles poked his head into my room, and I followed him downstairs into the horrid heat. He started his red pick up truck, and I hoisted myself in.

"Where to?" he asked. Myles never let me drive, even though Id had my license for a year already.