Tiberia: Planetfall chapter 1 first filght

Introduction

I am Brett Patterson of the Federal History Bureau. It will be my job to document and present the history of the Old Earth Empire. One person in particular, Tiberius Thawn of the 3rd Imperial fleet. His journey from an encouter of the planet Chiron in the Alpha Centuri star system, Alpha quadrant. To the planet X-45 (Tiberia).

In this eport I will include some actual footage of certain battles, first hand accounts from surrvivors. and of course documents. I have also managed to gain accsess to an interview with Thawn's children. Rynn and Hope. All of this will lead to the culmanation of the end of two wars.

Anyway I hope thats enough. If not I lose my job. Okay fellow citizens here it is.

Chapter 1, Planetfall

The first account is from Thawn's instructor Jack Dobs. He is currently in a state of "clinical immortality" ussualy reserved for important members of society; politians and the like. I can't help but smile when I realize I am talking to a brain in a jar.Then the eye stalks notice me. A screen on the table flickers on revealing the true face of this man.

Alright I'll make this brief I'm due for another treatment in about an hour. Alright I first met him when he was... uh 14 I think I don't remember training initiiation it was 400 years ago, all I remember is how quickly he passed training. You see most neophytes take 8-10 years to get fully set up. This kid, Tiberius finnished in 4.

Now my first impression, the kids a runt. This is the better part he can't get along with the other victims, WAIT I mean students. The moment the shuttle hit the ground. The infirmary staff rushed in apparently runt boy broke the other boy's arm. Certainly useful in a one on one.

My Impression soon changed when he had spent a few weeks training. When in the simulator he defeated older students with flying colors. When in the arena he bested the more experienced commanders, the only flaw in his games was the inccompatance of the people in the arena on his side.

Needless to say he went up in rank quickly. He made senior cadet 5th class in the first year. While the second best was only a Junior Cadet 3rd Class. By the end of his education we had to make a new rank in the structure; Master Chief Cadet, which to the end of my stay was only met once outside of the reason for it; Rynn Thawn.

The nurse in charge of this man enters the room. It's time for the treatment.

It's okay by the way for some strange reason I kept the rank structure with me, it will be in the left drawer on this table Goodbye nice talking to you.

I find that document it goes...

Launchee Cadet

Petty Cadet

Petty Cadet First Class

Jr. Cadet Fourth Class

Jr. Cadet Third Class

Jr. Cadet SecondClass

Jr. Cadet First Class

Sr. Cadet Fifth Class

Sr. Cadet Fourth Class

Sr. Cadet Third Class

Sr. Cadet Second Class

Sr. Cadet First Class

Master Cadet

Master Cadet First Class

Chief Cadet

Chief Cadet First Class

Master Chief Cadet

I am intrigued to realize that this cadet climbed so many ranks in FOUR years. I can now see why I was assigned to this important task. I continue on to some new people and documenst.

My next source is an account from a soldier on the ground whoose longevity vaccine is finnaly failing he is now bodily in his fifties. I decide to strike now before this source gets a case of Alzheimers. The interview requires his name to remain unknown. He claims some of this may still be classified. The fact that this stuff may still be classified means it is extra juicy.

Awright man, I might not be the best "source" but I still remember 'im like yest'day. We was part of the fi'st Intastella Ma'ine Div'sion. Wai' a se' m' de'ice is failin'. Ah that's better sorry my vocal device can get on the fritz and well, I lost my real voice at Chrion. We were heading toward Chrion after an attack on Issus base there. The first brigade, thats my unit was set to attack certain "orbital guns" they had on the surface.

Well there was much buzz about why we trainies were being sent in before the rest of the brigade. I was hearing "AH FUCK we just got outta training and now we're fighting!", you know shit like that. Ah well. In about an hour we unfolded, at Chiron. The first brigade was boarding drop pods. The orders for us that day was was to take out the guns by frontal assualt.

The loud noise of the undocking protocal sounded. The next thing was the sound of the of the outside alarms. Then the guns went off. The designers of the launching gun clearly didn't know the suffering of going from zero to 500 meters a second feels like shit! In seconds the retro rockets fired. We still hit the ground witha large thud.

We burst out to find the bugs waiting for us, or as they were officialy called the Locusts of Chiron or the Xenogists. While I will spare the detials it was an unpleasant expeirience and meanwhile the commander was yackin' to the press. And then I saw then 2nd Lutenient Thawns A/F 256 Hellhound scream overhead like a flaming angel.