Eagle's Theivery

It was almost quiet.
Just minutes ago crickets were chirping throughout the castle grounds and servants and red cards were patrolling the walls. Yet they somehow missed him passing by. Some of the guards were lying around unconscious.

All of a sudden the silence was pierced by the sounds of screaming and wood,stone,and glass groaning and snapping as they were in the process of being broken.
From the Queen's parapet, a gryphon had busted out in a mass of golden brown feathers and powerful wings.
From behind,servants and soldiers that entered the boudoir of the Red Queen were pelting him with either spears or anything else they'd been holding.
He ignored them and jumped from the tattered parapet and onto one of the castle's many red topped towers.
He was holding very fragile cargo in blankets between his predatory beak. He had stolen a baby girl that had been born just a short week ago. As he was admiring his adorable new hatchling, he felt something sharp and slick enter his cat-like back half. He roared in pain and the baby awoke and began to wail. Fighting the urge to open his mouth, he looked down to see each red card soldier and each servant of the Red Queen shouting at him. One of the chefs threw a butcher knife that got lodged in the roof of the tower.
That was when he saw the Queen herself. In all her big headed, red haired glory. She still looked to be recovering from the little princess's birth. Proven by her slightly gray eyelids and lightly disheveled hair. Both human monarch and gryphon looked each other in the eye, both of them growled.
"KILL IT!KILL IT! RESCUE MY BABY!"
The bloody big head pointed her scepter at him and her face gained a tomato red color.
Her knave then began to give orders to the red cards. Some began to scale the wall and others threw more spears.
Just as the weapons were nearing him, the gryphon tightened his grip on the still wailing baby, and he allowed himself to tip off the tower.
He allowed the screams and shouts of fear to die away.
He then abruptly opened his wings and began to glide.
As he was ascending, he heard a few servants weeping. Believing that he would possibly kill the helpless little creature,just like the other 'viscous' gryphons that were dwindling in numbers.
He was soon above the clouds and he saw that the baby was looking at him with beautiful emerald green eyes with gold near her pupils.

Paleamon gently smiled and continued on.The hatchling began to giggle and reach for him.He then returned to reality and began to worry, yes he had a knife wedged into his neck and a spear in his side, but he was more scared of what other gryphons would think of him raising a human.
"Mother is NOT going to like this."
He then quickened his speed and flapped his beautiful wings.
That was when he heard the roar from behind.
    Paleamon weaves around to see a winged shape breaking the misty clouds. The jabberwocky shook his frilled head and came after him.
  The gryphon was in no mood to fight such a challenging foe and even if he wanted to he couldn't. He was holding a baby for goodness sakes!
So he furrowed his brow and dove just as the scaly beast opened his mouth and purple flames sparked out.
Paleamon had to outrun him! He couldn't fight him and he certainly couldn't lead him to his roost. So he had no choice but to fly even faster and risk his and the baby's life, by detouring through the forest.
He put his forelegs in front of the girl as he crashed through the trees. The pursuit continued.
  Paleamon's wings were snapping trees and were getting splinters stuck in between the tightly packed feathers. Finally he flapped his wings as hard as he could, past a grove of vines and his pursuer became caught in them.
Roaring unhappily, as he went to his roost

I really hope you enjoyed the first chapter, I had so much fun developing it with my friends and drawing artwork for Paleamon and Marigold. Another reminder I don't own Alice in Wonderland only ocs🦅👑