~Chapter 1~

So here's the first chapter! I have tried to depict Lyanna's relationship with Robb and Jon as well as give an insight of her personality. 

Lyanna (aged 13)

“Theon! Give me back my ribbon!” Lyanna called out as she ran after the most hopeless excuse for a friend. How could they not be friends? They grew up together after all, shared their history as well as sword-fighting lessons along with their free time to play in the grounds of Winterfell but that did not stop the pestiferous feeling that enveloped her each time Theon did something infuriating to tease her.

They had been watching Robb have a go at archery when instantaneously; Theon decides to pull the ribbon her Aunt so fondly tied her hair in. Lyanna, of course, did not need the ribbon itself, she and Sansa had an abundant collection, but that did not stop her from attempting to beat Theon and champion it back so, the stubborn girl that she was, she ran after him.

As she ran, her mahogany colored locks flew behind her and her soft blue eyes clouded with resolve. Theon was too fast for her. “Jon! Help me catch him!” she cried out, but Jon just stood there beside Robb as the two of them snickered at the spectacle.

Lyanna stopped then, bent slightly, hand on her stomach, trying to catch her breath. After a few seconds, she lifted her head slowly and looked in the direction where Jon and Robb stood. “Robb?” she said, her voice filled childish despair as she begged for him to help her catch Theon. From the little distance, she saw the Robb’s face metamorphose from crinkly eyes and visible white teeth of his laughter to a small smile and affectionate vehemence in his eyes. He gazed at her for a moment as she looked at him with pleading eyes, and then he took off after Theon.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Lyanna (aged 15)

 Lyanna was in a deep state of sorrow as she overlooked Uncle Ned, Robb, Jon, Theon, Jory and Ser Rodrik depart for a hunting trip. Until a few months ago, she had been allowed to go with them but for reasons which encompassed her understanding, Aunt Catelyn had firmly forbid her to join the hunting party. “You’re growing into a lady now Lyanna, such ungraceful activities are not becoming for a girl of your status” she had said in a tender yet resolute tone of voice. Lyanna had bowed her head and nodded before stomping off. No matter how angry she was at her Aunt’s decision, she would never in her right mind disrespect her so ‘like a good lady’, she did not argue. All she could really do was frown and scream inwardly.

It was because of such restrictions that, in the past year, have caused Lyanna to become increasingly quiet. She no longer took sword-fighting lessons that her uncle had allowed her to take for so long and was instead hurled into stitching lessons alongside Sansa and Arya. Aunt Catelyn often fussed over her dresses, hair and ornaments even though she herself had least interest in such pointless things. Lyanna liked horses, archery, swords and everything which deemed her unladylike. She thought it was unfair that her true nature was being buried inside, overlapped by an artificial façade. Why couldn’t she hunt, ride and fight like the boys? She often questioned but never out loud. 

"You are very distracted today my dear.” Maester Luwin observed, interrupting Lyanna’s reverie.
“Huh?” she asked reluctantly.
“I have asked you the Martell words repeatedly but you have failed to respond. Where is your mind?” he asked thoughtfully.
Lyanna sighed and said, “Unbowed, Unbent and Unbroken. See? I know.”
He looked at her for a while before saying, “You are upset about not going to the hunt.” He wasn’t asking, he was telling her.
“Do my feelings matter? No, so it doesn’t make a difference if I’m upset about it.” She said bitterly.
Maester Luwin gave her a knowing smile and said, “All beings have a purpose in this life, my dear. A woman may not be allowed the same privileges as men, but that does not affect her significance……”
Lyanna rolled her eyes and let him drone on.

When the hunting party returned with a fair amount of game, Theon ceaselessly teased her about how fascinating it had all been. She wanted to slap him, pull his hair and kick his arse but she didn’t. She just stood there, expression-less, as he gloated. Jon gave her an apologetic smile and gestured Theon to stop. He understood. Jon always did.

He was like her brother and an honest and sympathetic friend. No matter how hard she tried, Lyanna could keep secrets from Robb but never from Jon. When Aunt Catelyn’s relentless persisting became unbearable, it was Jon whom she went to. Jon, who was an outsider in the Stark family like her. Even though Aunt Catelyn never resented her like she did her husband’s bastard, Lyanna, despite being a Stark, could never be a part of their close knitted family.

To escape Theon’s smugness, Lyanna made her way to the Godswood, like she did whenever she wanted to think in tranquility. She sat there, masked by the mystical aura and stared at the blood-red leaves of the heart tree. 

“What have you become?” Robb’s voice startles her and she instinctively turns to see him standing behind her. 

Hope you guys like it! Don't forget to follow and comment! xx