Tyler's Invite

Hey Emmie!!  

As I turn around I see Tyler rushing up behind me.  

Tyler & I have been friends since 1st grade and that was...5..7..9....yupp nine years ago.

Yea Ty? I say as he comes to my side. 

I have had a crush on Tyler ever since we meet...but all we have been is friends...yes...he friend zoned me....

I'm having a party to celebrate the end of the school year and I would like it if you would come.  Tyler says smiling at me with his gray eyes sparkleing.

Sure!  I say looking away blushing.

Great. Bye kiddo!!  Tyler says patting my back then running towards his friends.

As my head is screaming YES YES!!  My heart has stopped beating leaving me breathless...

Tyler never invites me to parties...never...maybe he...?  No, no he friend zoned me and has a crush on that Kelly....

But I'll go just to see him again...

~Smiles~

Hey Emmie! Amber my best friend yells from across the courtyard.

As everyone within a mile radious looks my way.

What is it Amber? I ask as soon at I get to our table.

So I saw you talking to Tyler.  She says winking.

Yea?  And?? I say looking around

Amber is the only one who knows I like Tyler.

So?? What did he say?!  She says starting to get antsy

He invited me to his end of the year party.  I say looking into her brown eyes.

OH MY GOSH REALLY?? HE ASKED YOU OUT??!!  Amber says jumping up and down.

No! He invited me to an end of the year party!  He probably also invited Kelly....I say frowning

Hey you never know with Ty.  Amber says grabbing her bag. 

Well I do know that he doesn't like me remember when he friend zoned me?  I say walking with Amber to first hour.

How can I forget?  You came to my house crying that night.  Amber said walking to her desk.

Yea, yea.  I say sitting im my desk next to Tyler's.

Yes, I have all seven hours with him...and he sits next to me in all but third and sixth hour. Hey, its not my fault that our last names are close!  Emmie Jay and Tyler Kobe.

As I look at the door I see Tyler walk in,  look around,  flip the teacher off behind her back,  laugh,  then take his seat.

I can't help but chuckle.

Whats so funny Emmie.  He says hearing me laugh.

You flipped off Mrs. Peterson. Shes horrible!

I know right?  He says taking out a sheet of papper and a pen from his bag.

Would you like a sheet of paper M&M?  He says handing me a sheet of colleged ruled line paper.

Thanks, haven't heard that nickname since 5th grade!   I say grabing the papper out of his hand.

Hey when is this end of the school year party you invited me to?  You never said the date?  I add.

Oh, umm about that haha well you see Emmie?  Its...umm tonight...after school...  He says nervously.

Oh, no need to stutter! Im able to go.  I just need a ride.  I'll a...

I'll give you a ride!!  He says looking into my green eyes.

I..I mean isnt that what friends are for? I mean helping each other?  He says stuttering.

Yup,  I say leaning back im my chair and smiling to myself.. 

~6 hours later~

Ok Ty wheres your car?  I ask as we leave the school yard.

Just over there.  He says pointing to a cherry red convertable Mustang.

Nice car bro.  I say elbowing him.

Haha I know it was a gift from my uncle for my 16th birthday.

I got a bike for my 16th....I say embarrased.

.....Seriously....?  That sucks HAHA!!  He says opening the car door for me.

I know.... I say looking away so I dont get captured in his mysterious eyes.

Lets go.  He says sitting down in the drivers seat and starting up the car.

~10 mins later~

Alright were here.  Tyler says parking the car into his drive way.

Ok.  I say getting out of the car walking to the trunk to get my bag.

No I'll get your bag for you.  Tyler says rushing to the back of the car.

He hands he my bag then grabs the two cases of beer.

Alchohol?  I say 

Well duh it is an end of the year party, he says walking up to his front door.

As I follow behind him I can hear his parents arguing.  

Since I have known Tyler so long, I know his parents do not have the best relationship.  

Mom? You know Emmie.  Tyler says as we walk in.

Emmie!! Hows it going sweet heart?  Tylers mom says giving me a hug.

It...its been going goood.  I say not  breathing because her hug is to tight.

~several hours later~

WOOOHOO!  I say stumbling around holding my 5th beer in my hand.

Wow shes drunk.... I hear one of Tylers friends Chad say.

Yea I know... Tyler said starting to walk towards me.

Awe is someone worried bout their little "girlfirend"?? Ha ha!  Chad says mocking Tyler.

You got 5 seconds to get out of my house...5...4...3..Tyler says staring straight at Chad.

Wow, ok bro.  See you later then.  Chad says leaving his house.

Come on Emmie...lets get you some sleep.  Tyler said looking down into my eyes.

Sureeeee. I say grabbing his arm.

 He picks me up and lays me down on his bed.  

Good night Emmie.  He says then kisses my forehead. 

Night Ty....I say.