Brightness in Midnight

*Father Marcello's P.O.V.*

Samantha crawled up our steps, screaming "My baby! She's burning!" Our doctors brought her into our infirmary and delivered her baby. The child was female and was born at 11:59 on Friday, July 13, 1889. She was gorgeous. She had pale skin and straight black hair. When she opened her eyes, everyone in the room gasped. We let Samantha see that her daughter had black eyes with red flecks in them so they looked on fire. The child smiled and laughed. Then, out of nowhere, she grew bright red devil horns, the same colour red tipped her long hair and shaded a devil tail that came out of the lowest part of her back where it touches her bum. When we showed Samantha, she couldn' be more proud. Her twin sister was born the same way. Samantha named the child Aria Desaree Anna Iglesias.

Samantha and Aria stayed with us until her twin sister, Savannah moved here. They stayed together in a mansion on a hill surrounded by a lush garden and a forest. Aria learned from Savannah. She could read and control minds, control and manipulate fire, and was telachanetic. She was very good with all of her powers. She had mastered all of them by the time she was three. She also could speak corretly, read advanced books, and speak spanish and latin as well as english.

When Aria was six, her house was broken into. Her mother had put her in a safe room no one knew about. When Aria got out, her mother and aunt were dead on the floor. I was already on my way and when I got there, Aria was sitting in her mother's favorite chair with red puffy eyes. She told me what happened and said she wouldn't cry anymore. Aria was taken to live at the school with us. The school was for all the kids who had special powers. Aria went willingly and from then on she had a room of her own in the school.

Aria would refer to me as her father to the other students so she could do what she wanted. She was disobediant to teachers and would rarely show up to class. The only place Aria would be would be was the gym. She would take on full grown men, with powers of their own, and always win. She would spend hours perfecting her martial arts and boxing. She rarely slept and when she was tired she would run around the gym until she passed out. She was the strongest seven-year-old in the world. Aria never cried about her mother or her aunt. She didn't talk about them either. In the middle of the night I could hear her screaming for Samantha, but when I would go in there she said she didn't remember anything. I knew she was lying, but I also knew there was a reason for it.

On Aria's eigth birthday we had a new student who was exactly like her. He was two inches taller than her with messy black hair that was tipped a darker red than Aria's. He had the same pale skin and horns with a tail. His name was Doney Demonio Xavier Ren. I was looking for Aria when he took off towards the gym. I followed him slowly. When I got to the door Aria was on the ground sobbing and Donnie had his arms wrapped around her. She had never looked so fragile. I took a step forward and Donnie turned around and bared his teeth at me. He quickly composed himself and went back to console Aria.

"What-" I started to ask when he cut me off.

"I know how to handle my baby. I'm taking her to her room." He responded in a stern tone.

He picked Aria up and craddled her against his chest. She wrapped her skinny arms around his neck and continued to sob into his neck. He looked down at her with so much love I feel backwards. He carried her off into her room and shut the door on me. When I tried to get in, the door was locked. I heard him put her in bed and sit on her rocking chair she had. He read her stories of love, comedy, and suspence. She stopped crying and soon was laughing at the storries he told. Aria told him how she had seen her mother and aunt murdered through a hole in the safe room and how she still had nightmares. She said she cries everynight after the dreams and how she works out so she can keep her mind busy.

Donnie promised her, "As long as you want me with you, I will be with you always."

I heard him get in the bed with her and he spent the night there with her. As he has done for the past ten years. Promising me that he is a gentleman and only makes sure she is safe.

>A.N. ~ This is basically a prologue so don't get too disapointed. I'm going to do chapters mostly in Aria and Donnie's views.<