Chapter 2

We headed over to the club at around seven later that night. I drove and Roxie sat next to me in the passengers seat, a smile plastered on her face. I knew she hadn’t been to a club in ages because of what happened last time, so I knew she had to be excited.

You see, last time she went to a club she was about 16. It was one of those teenage clubs that you didn’t have to be a certain age to get into it; being a teenager was the only rule. So, you would assume no alcohol would be at these clubs since everyone’s under age right? Wrong. There had been a few guys slipping alcohol into some girls drinks to get them drunk just so they would be gullible enough to go home with the kids and sleep with them, and Roxie had been one of those kids. Since we had just started going out around then, I took her there thinking it was safe. Boy was I wrong. I found her sitting on a guys lap, making out with him. I was appalled, thinking she was a skank for doing this since she couldn’t have been drunk, but nevertheless, I yanked her off the guys lap and decided to walk her home. She couldn’t even stand on her own two feet without loosing her balance and falling over, and that’s when I realized that she was drunk. I still walked, well basically carried, her home, knowing she would be in a lot of trouble, but it’s not like I had any other choice. When I got to the door and her parents answered it, they weren’t too happy. Since then she hasn’t been allowed to a club since.

Now that Roxie was 18 though, she would be allowed in an adult club and she’d be allowed to drink alcohol without her parents having a fit. Actually, I’m not too sure if they would blow a fit, but I promised that I would get her home safe, and that’s all they cared about.

I’m guessing I got lost in my thoughts because before I knew it we were pulling into the club. I knew I knew how to get to the club easily since I’d been here so much, but I didn’t know that I would be able to drive here without even thinking about it. Sweet! I parked the car in the closest parking space I could find, which wasn’t too close because it happened to be a Saturday night.

As I shut the car off, I received a text.

Johnny: Max! How’s your two years? you have some fuuuun;)

I rolled my eyes and responded quickly, not to keep Roxie waiting.

Max: Johnny how many times do I have to tell you. We havent had that “fuuuun;)” because neither of us want to yet. We’re actually at a club right now so can I text you later?

Johnny: make sure you don’t get too stoned! Someones gotta be able to drive home and I can tell you it wont be Roxie;)

Max: I already said I wouldn’t drink anything lol I wanna make sure she gets home safe but still has a good time:)

Johnny: you’re a little pussy ;p your soo overprotected of her

Max: its because I love her dipshit

Johnny: well if your sooo in love with her why don’t you just ask her to marry you then?

Max: …I was gonna ask her earlier with a promise ring to make sure she promises to stay loyal to this relationship once we both go back to college.. But I just couldn’t.. I chickened out dude..

Johnny: well I’d say! Ask her tomorrow dude!

Max: I’m gonna I’m gonna.. Now I’ll text you later we have to go in

Johnny: k bye.

Once mine and Johnny’s texting conversation was over, I looked at Roxie who was stepping outta the car. I heard her whisper to herself. “Dammit, I shouldn’t have worn heels.” I smirked and stared down at her heels; they had to be about 3 inches high.