chapter twenty-five

" I thought that I was dreaming, when you said you love me, " frank ocean,, ivy

daisy.elliott

3,484 likes +j_elliottdaisy

3,484 likes
+j_elliott
daisy.elliott I don't like Sydney bro.

view all 57 comments:

fasolloooo ungrateful bxtch

fasolloooo jk Bub you look great

adam.t.reloar Kim said she wants her bikini back?? when did you ever take it.

daisy.elliott good one @/kimrav now he knows we're besties..

kimrav fck

adam.t.reloar how could you lie to me k? @/kimrav

kimrav adam it ain't like that @/adam.t.reload

adam.t.reloar ..

adam.t.reloar okay then! I'll pick you at 7 after your shift baby @/kimrav

j_elliott you're an actual idiot.. ^ @/adam.t.reloar

j_elliott What has become of life?

danielwells4 you said it yourself elliott @/j_elliott

daisy.elliott you we have the best group convos on here but we don't have an actual group convo..

calumbrownie wdym yes we do.

j_elliott you fucking idiot.. @/calumbrownie

j_elliott why is everyone so stupid

daisy.elliott excuse me?

daisy.elliott @/j_elliott remind me why there is a group chat without me in it..

j_elliott great now I have to deal with this.

darcymooore you look gorgeous dais.

daisy.elliott thanks moore :-) @/darcymooore

fasolloooo y'all are own speaking terms??^^

j_elliott literally don't know why I hang around such unsubtle imbeciles..

willhoskinelliot 😂 pissa^ @/j_elliott

. . .

daisy's pov
Since my brother was a member of the Collingwood football club, I have had a serious increase in my income. This is because of the countless strangely young team mates that have children. I can only tolerate two children however. Number 1 is baby Jax but Scott will never let me look after him, which I find offensive when he chooses Fasolo as his first choice. My other favourite child is Lilah. Man does Jack Crisp and his wife (who I have only met once) make an adorable baby.

So my point? Here I am, a week from my birthday, and I am babysitting a 2-year-old because I'm a sucker for kids and quite frankly and idiot for obtaining the trait of selective kindness.

"Okay so, Mikayla and I," oh that's his wife's name, "ordered a cab for about... 2 minutes from now. Lilah has already eaten you just have to entertain her until 7 and then put her to bed." Jack finished, handing me her bottle that had already premade along with 4 other bottles. Does he really think I'm incapable?

"Yep and I have to keep the gate open until 6 then close it, heat up one of your milk bottles if needed and make sure to change the diaper. I got it Crispy!" I smiled warmly. I had babysat before, sure it's been a year but, how bad could I be? Jack returned the smile.

"Are you sure your okay to stay, Dais? I know you have an assignment to finish." I shrugged.

"It's alright. I brought my computer so I can have the baby camera on the tv while I do some work. As long as your comfortable?" I said, almost as a question.

"Of course, Lilah will be fine to put to bed so you'll have plenty of time." He finally said as a beep from outside sounded. "But I have a relieve sitter if you want, the numbers there anyways." I just nodded and muttered a thanks.

"Ooh!" Said Mikayla, walking down the stairs in loud heels "That's our cue! See ya later Daisy!" She waved. I waved back and said goodbye to the two as they kissed Lilah goodbye as well.

. . .
"Okay Lilah, it's 6:30pm, we've closed the gate and changed you diaper what's next-?" I began to ask rhetorically before being cut off by the doorbell.

Lilah lightly squealed and rolled slightly around in the blanket smiling her toothless smile. I smile back in awe before my attention turns back to the front door. I scoop her up in my arms grabbing her toy, squashing it between her hands as she fiddled with it, before carrying her to the house entrance.

The doorbell rang again and I rolled my eyes. Who would be here right now, honestly. I unlock the door and open it, soon facing a familiar, yet unfamiliar, blonde. My eyes readjusted and they widen, realising that Darcy Moore was stood in front of me.

My jaw dropped and, strangely, Lilah's hands started fiddling with my jaw, making me close my mouth.

"Daisy. H-hi." I stared at him in awe. I hadn't seen him in so long, it made realise how much I appreciated him. And his face. And his body. But after these last few days of being back to best friends with Jamie, I realised that I wanted him back in my life, as cringed as it sounds. It was as if Jamie's our burst a few months ago was an eye-opener for me.

Furthermore, after seeing him today, even with his horrendous bleached hair, I knew for a fact that I liked Darcy. Who would have thought It would take Jamie to make it happen?

"What are you doing here, Darcy?" I asked softly, I nearly evident smile on my face.

. . .

darcy's pov
I hadn't heard her voice in months. It was like finding something you had been looking endlessly for. Satisfying and Relieving. The way her voice crafted my name was so beautiful and I consciously analysed and observed everything she did.

"Um, Jack said that I may need to come and take over from whoever was babysitting so I decided to drop by to make sure Adam wasn't letting the baby play with knifes." I rambled, regretfully, knowing I had said to much but felt better when a small laugh escaped her lips. I smiled at her.

"Uh yeah, no," she shrugged, "everything's good here, no Adam so we should be safe for tonight." I mumbled with her in agreeance. "And you probably have somewhere better to be so I won't hold you up-"

"No, actually, I don't." She seemed astounded by remark and we were silent for a moment until Lilah dropped her puppy toy in her arms. Daisy was about to lean down and get it, however I bet her to it.

"Here you go Lilah." I smiled feeling her extremely soft cheek with my finger.

I then looked at Daisy, and we returned to our silence.

"Look, Darcy." She spoke to me, "I... I understand that Jamie over stepped and told me something about you that he shouldn't have." She paused. "But I just wanted to know is it true?"

I rose an eyebrow. "Is what true?"

"Do you love me?"