ACKNOWLEDGMENT

ACKNOWLEDGMENT

The result of nayinK's Novel Writing Contest was posted yesterday in which this story placed second, much to my delight. I consider myself lucky taking into account that I wrote it with only ten days left on the deadline and I don't even have a definite plot in my head. To be honest, I am still overwhelmed. So pardon me if I do become cloyingly histrionic at this point.

To my family, thank you for bearing up with me because I almost never left my seat and I hardly slept or ate during those days. Who says writing can't be dangerous?

To Nayin Yagdulas herself, thank you. It must've taken a tremendous effort and energy to organize this contest and having participated in it means a lot to me.

To my Wattpad friends, thank you for the support and for introducing me to deviant literature. It's nice to know that I share passion with the people I never knew personally and yet, I feel more at ease with them. By the way, I based the name of my characters (Vaughn, Jillian and Andi) from some of you. I hope you don't mind. *winks*

To my heroes, J.R.R. Tolkien and Peter Jackson, who filled my head with Middle Earth stuff. I should also mention Ed Sheeran, whose song (I See Fire) inspired me so much, I played it in loops for days while typing this story.

To the five judges, I'd really like to know who you are. Thank you for your time and for sharing your thoughts on our works. No prize can match up to the feeling that there are ones who would love to see my work in print.

To my co-contestants, that was fun, wasn't it? Keep writing, keep the fire burning. To the people who left comments on my entry, thank you for the love. To silverinne, congratulations to us!

To my mom, who never read my work but always made it sure that she got my back, no matter what, thank you for believing that I can write.

And to Dana, my angel, my sunrise, my very own Hope...

- Alkei Veranga (Bertang_Badtrip)