Chapter 1 - The Pain

Love At Last (A Merome Story)

-

Chapter 1 - The Pain

-

9:00 A.M- Jerome's House

-

~~Jerome's POV~~  

I wake up to my phone ringing. 'Who could it be at this hour?' I think to myself. I look at my phone, and it's Mitch. I answer it, to hear him crying. 

"Biggums, what's wrong?" I ask. 

"Can you please come over?" He says through tears. 

"Sure." I hang up, and put on my shoes, grab my keys, and get in the car. It's not until I'm halfway there, I realize I'm in just my pajama pants. 'Well, great.' I think. I pull into his driveway, and jog to his door. Reaching above the door frame, I find the spare key. I grab it, unlock the door, and put it back. I walk in, and head towards his room. When I get at his door, I can hear him crying. I slowly open the door. He turns, the looks me dead in the eyes.  He gets up, and I run up to him, grabbing his shoulders. 

"B-Biggums...What's wrong?" I ask. He just hugs me and cry's onto my shoulder. I rub his back slowly. 

"A-Adam...." He said. I immediately knew what he was talking about. 

"Shh....It'll be okay.." I say.

"Promise?" He asks, and I nod. He lays his head back on my now wet shoulder. Ever since 4th grade, I felt like I could feel the pain that Mitch felt. 

"Thanks Jerome." He says, lifting his head, and wiping his still tear-filled eyes. 

"No problem. If it's to soon to ask, I'm sorry. Do you want to tell me what he did?" I ask. He nods, and leads me to his bed. I sit across from him. 

"Well, I walked to his house, and knocked on the door. When he opened it, I smiled and hugged him. When he let me in, he jogged up to his room. I followed, thinking he wanted me to. When I got to his room, the door was shut. I listened to him talk to someone inside. He said, "He's here. Just....Hide in the closet or something." I heard his footsteps get closer to the door, so I silently walked to the bathroom, and acted as if I was peeing. He walked downstairs I guess, and so I followed. He saw me, then said, "Ty, I mean Mitch. Why don't we talk in my room." I walk up, and sit on the bed. "I'll get some food." I hear him say from down the hall. I get up and walk to the closet. When I open it, there's Ty. He tells me that Adam and him were making out when I got there. So, I walked up to the window, sat on the ledge, grabbed the tree branch, and climbed down." When he's done talking, I hug him tightly. I want to let him know that if we were dating, I would never do that. But I can't. He's still dating Adam. Just than, there's a knock at his front door. 

"I'll get it." I say, and go to the door. I open it, and see Adam.

"What do you want?" I ask, half mean. 

"Where's Mitch?" He asks. 

"In his room. I just got him to stop crying because of a certain someone who's standing at his door." I reply. 

"Oh." He says, turning away and walking to his car. When I get back to Mitch, he asked who was at his door. 

"A door-to-door salesman." I tell him. 

"Can we go out to dinner tonight? Also, if it's not to much, can you stay with me for awhile? I don't want to be alone." He asks. 

"Sure thing biggums. Anything for my benja." I say, wrapping a arm around his shoulder.