The Beginning

Darkness, no light whatsoever is all I'm acquainted to. The next second I'm trapped in a glass box, which is filling up with water. I see people all around, talking and chatting like I'm not even existent. No one gives a second thought to me as I begin the slow process of drowning, my lungs having all the air squeezed out.

"Can nobody hear me, I gotta lot that's on my mind. I cannot brea-," I jolt up in my bed gasping for a breath as the rest of the song blares out.

Like always that was just a reoccurrence of my unnerving dream as well as the song I have set for my alarm getting incorporated into it. I looked at the annoying but necessary invention that is the alarm clock flashing the time at me in blinding light. 5:30 right on time.

That's the thing about alarm clocks they never fail unless you have something important going on that you actually have to wake up for. I throw my covers off and take my usual leap off the bed- more like falling in style.

Realization soon hits when I remember it's Friday. I find myself mindlessly checking my phone even though I didn't want to face the hard reality that no one probably texted me.

"Of course not Callie," I scold myself, no one in there right mind would get up now. I quickly change into my all too familiar workout shorts and a tank top. Time for my daily run. I feel giddy, running had always been the only time I was able to push aside my worries and clear my head.

I quietly slip down the stairs and step out the front door without as much as a peep. You could say I'm quite skilled by now.

Once my music is step up and I'm done stretching, I begin at a light slow paced jog. My music is all I'm tuned into, Imagine Dragon's songs are best to drown my demons aka my thoughts out.

My glides pick up considerable becoming smoother and more effortless.

I begin getting lost in my music and find myself singing along. "I cried Babel, Babel look at me now." I'm turning the corner when I run into something hard, which is unusual seeing nothing has been there ever before. I realize I landed on the ground and begin to stand up when I see a hand extended in front of me. I gladly accept hoping it's not some creeper. I look up to his face greeted by the concern in his eyes.

"I'm Josh," he offers a hand to me.

I look down to wipe off the dust from my shorts and reply, "I'm Callie."

"I'm really sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going," he looks down ashamed.

I laugh. " no it's alright it's my fault," I reply assuring lot.

" You are quite a good singer, so I got distracted," he states looking at me, "was that Mumford & Sons I was hearing?" He quirks an eyebrow.

"Well thanks, but I'm not and yep Babel one of my favorites from them," I take a sudden interest in my running shoes as I feel a blush form.

"Has anyone told you, you have a pretty smile?" he asks smiling.

"Nope, can't say anyone has, I don't smile much," I reply.

"Well you should it looks nice on you," he states.

"Okay Josh enough flirting let the poor girl continue walking," A boy a little older than Josh comes over.

I stifle a laugh at Josh's rosy face and reply " Running, and I should go I have to get ready for school." I begin to run off.

"Callie wait," Josh calls causing me to turn back around to face them. "This is my brother Will, he's a senior," I nod my head about to turn around again.