The Story of Phone Calls

Nope," I smile and shake my head even though he can't see me.

"I bet you do," he chuckles and I giggle.

"I may be a nerd but I certainly do not keep my report cards stashed somewhere," I tell him and he chuckles again.

"Y'know what? I'm coming over and I'm going to find a report card. Even if it takes me hours and I only come out with a kindergarten report card," he says and I laugh.

He hangs up and a few minutes later a knock is on my door. I get up from my bed and walk down the steps. I rip open my door and smile. But soon it fades.

"I'm back, my love," Reece smiles as he fires the bullet and he shoots, hitting my throat.

~~~

Parker.

"Lennon, baby, are you okay?" I ask as she shoots upright from her slumber.

"No," her bottom lip quivers and I knew ever since Thursday she has been having nightmares. They let her go home early on Thursday and Friday was a day off but I won't let her out of my sight and every time she wakes up, it is to tears in her eyes.

"Another bad dream," I confirm as I wrap my arms around her. She sighs and then sobs as she nuzzles her head in my chest. I let her tears soak my shirt. Yesterday they took Tanner too. Apparently after she gave him a knife to the thigh he made a run or should I say limp for it. (No pun intended)

"It's okay, they are both gone now. Both in jail. Both there for a couple years for abduction and stalker offenses. We are okay. We have a good prison, Lenny-boo. We are fine. You are fine. No one can harm us. No one will get to you without going through me first," I soothe her and she whimpers and nods her head. I pull her hair back in a ponytail and wrap a little hairband from the coffee table around it. She smiles and kisses my chest and I sigh in content.

"I'm going to go wash my face. How 'bout you go and order pizza?" she tells me and stands up. I scan her body with my eyes adoringly. She is wearing my Blink 182 shirt and she knows I love when she wears that shirt because my favorite two things in the world are her and Blink 182. And when you put your two favorite things together and it works out perfectly it's like dipping your fries in a milkshake. Perfection.

"Okay," I nod and she walks away. The sweats she wears on her legs drag slightly behind her and she yawns as she walks. She still must be tired. Once she leaves I get up and go to my phone on the kitchen counter. I order pizza from the restaurant number on the fridge and put some chips in a bowl to bring back to the living room.

~~~

Lennon.

I splash the cold water on my face and then dry my face with a towel. I look in  the mirror and fix my ponytail again before I open the door and walk to the living room. Parker is there with a bowl of chips and is flicking thorough the channels of my TV.