Chapter 21

May 16, 2020 edited

Not perfect but better...No plot changes

TONY'S POV

"Where's my son?" The Alpha asked nobody in particular. It was after dinner when the Alpha and Thomas had returned and about an hour ago we were all called for this meeting.

    The meeting was small with myself, Nick, Brad, Thomas and our Alpha in attendance. Jenson should be here since he was going to take over the pack but he wasn't.

    It was Nick who answered. "He is out with Tania and Brooke." We all knew what he was doing and the Alpha was not happy about it at all. "Sir he won't listen. He doesn't want a mate and will do everything he can not to find one. Hell I am not even sure if he did find one that he wouldn't reject her on the spot." Nick informed us. I knew Jenson was a playboy but rejecting your mate was incomprehensible. It was a true gift that we only had one shot at most of the time. Sure once in a while there have been records of a second chance mate but if you were really lucky you would find someone that you learned to love and respect. Someone that helps that void in your heart where your fated mate should be. That void was always still there but the presence of that chosen mate made it more manageable.

    "I guess he doesn't want to be Alpha than." Alpha Alexander looked in a mix of pain and disappointment. "Fine. I do not have time for this nonsense. I will deal with him later. Anyways how has the past week been?"

    This time everyone looked at me first, They knew Mac and I were becoming close. If this wasn't to help her I would feel like I was betraying her trust. I still did but it was for the greater good. It was for her survival. "For the most part good. She hasn't fought anyone in a couple weeks. She seems more relaxed around me and even starting to warm up to Nick. She will talk to the younger kids in passing and smile at some of the older ones. She actually came into the theatre room with a bunch of us on Friday night. That is a huge step for her. She still trains harder than I have ever seen anyone train. She is committed that is for sure. Her anger is still there but she doesn't fly off the handle as easily but then again no one has tried to touch her. She looked truly happy yesterday and not just faking it. Not that she fakes too much. Mac is one of those people that you get what you see, well what she will allow you to see."

    Nick interrupted. "Actually that is not true. I mean about the touching part. Yesterday after that scene with Jenson she let me help her up and to her room. I had my arm around her waist and she let me. Then the same thing today after gym. Oh and with that human kid in the cafeteria."

    "Wow.Wow.Wow. What scene? And what happened today at school?" That was Thomas who asked. This was the first time I heard anything about the cafeteria.

    Nick and I both looked at each other. I wasn't sure this piece of information was going to help about yesterday. I had my suspicions and if they were right it was going to make things worse for Mac. Nick was staying quiet so it was up to me for the first part. "On our way back from our run Mac jumped on my back so I could carry her the rest of the way. She has been having some issues sleeping on and off. No I don't know why and I only know because the next morning she seems sluggish."

    "Wait," Thomas cut me off this time. "She initiated physical contact on her own and she let Nick help her?" I could see the hope in his eyes. Man I hated to break that.

    Even though I knew what I had to share next I smiled. "Yeah Thomas she did. She even kissed me on the cheek and said thanks. Anyways when we got back to the house Jenson was a little...ah...upset. But instead of her getting angry she walked away and that was when she tripped and let Nick help her upstairs." Here goes hoping they didn't ask for more details. I knew it was wishful thinking but I tried.