Wolf's Possessions

Wolf's Possessions

Chapter One

"Nonononono!!" Meka screamed, adding pressure to the bleeding wounds. "Please, stay with me. Please!" Her sobs echoed throughout the room. Her heart felt as if it were being torn from her chest like she was dying instead of the man in her arms.

The blood seeped through her fingers, a never ending flow of thick red liquid that refused to be relinquished. She ripped the shirt off of the man and threw it away from her, and the blood ran down the side of the body and onto the cold cement ground. There was nothing Meka could do to stop the bleeding, nothing she could do to save the dying man. A man she cared for deeply... a man who looked like... he had some color eyes... some type of hair. She couldn't tell because it was too blurry.

A soft voice spoke up behind her. At first Meka didn't hear, but then the voice got louder. But she ignored it anyways. All that mattered was that this man... a man who she loved but couldn't see, was dying. She sobbed louder and pulled the draining body onto her lap.

"Meka... there's nothing you can... I'm sorry."

Another man she recognized but couldn't name placed a hand on her shoulder. She jerked it off and snapped at him, her canines sharpening and her silver-gray eyes glowing. "Don't touch us!" She growled over her shoulder.

The man behind her took a step closer to her, but didn't reach out again. "Meka please, they will return. It is time to go now." He tried to reason with her, but Meka had shut everything out. It was dark where she was now. She didn't care if she lived or died, in fact there was nothing kinder than death at that moment. Her soul mate, her pack mate, her future mate was dead or dying without her. They were supposed to grow old together. Get to know each other better. Have children and an heir for the pack of wolves Meka was supposed to be leading. And now it was all ruined. And who's fault was it because whoever has caused this was going to pay with nothing but their life.

Meka squeaked something, but nothing came out but another sob. Her wolf had yet to calm down, would it ever return back to normal again? She was feeling mixed emotions; anger, physical and mental pain, betrayal, fear. And then there was this dark cloud that loomed over it all and numbed it down. Dimming it like a light switch. She didn't want to feel this anymore, she didn't want to feel anything if this man wasn't here to feel with her.

There was a crashing noise somewhere in the background, but like everything else Meka blew it off. But the man behind her cursed and tried to get her to listen. "Meka, sweetheart, there is nothing you can do to save him. I'm sorry but we need to go now." He kept looking over his shoulder while simultaneously trying to shush the now screaming baby. Meka just kept rocking back and forth, the body becoming colder and colder in her arms.

The blood on the ground was turning black. The man looked at the dark pool, then at Meka who was covered in it, and then to the dying man. He couldn't hear a heartbeat. It was too late.

"He's gone Meka. And we need to go. Think about all the people you will be giving up on if you decide to throw your life away. Jez, Leila, and me." he stopped, suddenly out of breath and exhausted. "Meka, you're my daughter and I just got you back. I'm not losing you again. So we need to go and if I have to drag you I will. But we need to leave him 'cause there's nothing we can do. It's too late. I'm sorry."

Meka listened to the man's words silently. Was it too late? She had heard the weak heartbeat stutter, jump and then relax, but nothing registered. All she could focus on was holding on and never letting go.

She was covered head to toe in blood, both hers and not hers. But she was never squeamish. Her whole body shook as her silver gaze fell upon the wasted blood that she sat in. This man bled out, he lost too much blood. But what if he were to get it back? And not just any blood, but werewolf blood, blood with natural healing abilities?

She mentally smacked herself in the forehead. Why hasn't she thought of this already? Without looking or even acknowledging the man behind her, she used her already long canines and tore into her wrist. Before it had a chance to heal she stuffed it between the man's limp lips, not caring about tenderness.

Somehow, Meka managed to find her voice again. "You were wrong," she spoke over her shoulder "it's never too late."

And just as any sign of a faint heartbeat began, half the wall blew inward, and everything went dark.