Chapter Four

Chapter Four

She saw him before he saw her. She immediately knew who he was, even if she's never seen his wolf before. Meka couldn't help the way her heart leapt as he burst into the area, all false freedom and inexperience scaring every other animal away. Every other animal but her.

She fought the urge to run to him. Meka was also in wolf form, and she could almost feel the anger falling from his large body. As much as she hated to, she had to treat him like a wounded animal.

She watched as he dropped to a crawl. His fore and hind legs bulged as they held him up. Even if he was in wolf form Meka could clearly see how strong he was, and if she were to suddenly startle him there was no telling what he would do. And he was huge, almost twice the size of Meka's wolf. Besides, his emotions were probably unchecked due to the mental shift his mind did trying to accommodate the new animalistic feelings.

But still, this was Jalyn she was talking about. She was at war with herself. She kept telling herself that it was the same Jalyn; sweet, a gentleman. He was caring. Not a vicious animal. But he was hurt, or hurting, and even the sweetest creatures turned feral when endangered.

And she had left him. How would he feel if she walked up to him now as if nothing had happened.

He growled. She knew that he couldn't see her unless she wanted him to, but still it felt as if he were looking straight at her. She had to remind herself that it was easier to blend in with her surroundings now. Anister had broken the spell that made her looked like Harrison and Annette's child-the imposters that she has lived with her whole life-and more like the chestnut brown wolfed, close to black colored eyed girl that she really was.

That was another thing. What if he didn't recognize her? She looked different. She didn't smell different, but he never learned to memorize scents. There was always a chance that he would remember, but not much. And if he didn't he might attack her. But if he did, he might...

Would he be happy to see her?

Or would the already angry wolf only turn angrier?

Jalyn growled again, this time his black ears pressed flat against his head. He crept forward, the brush of bushes around him shifting and giving away his position. If Meka ever got him to forgive her, then she would have to teach him how to... everything.

Maybe she should shift back and then approach him, he would be able to recognize her, right? She didn't look too different. Her skin was a little lighter, but not much. Her hair were still those crazy curls, like wine openers or miniature slinky's. Her eyes, however, were the complete opposite of what they were, almost pitch black. They resembled Anister's bottomless orbs. It looked as if her pupils had expanded and engulfed her silvery irises.

She wanted to say that she didn't miss them; they weren't real and they weren't hers. But she liked the way they used to be only because they were different. Not that many people had black eyes, but the silvery-violet made her seem... exotic.

Meka looked at Jalyn one more time. She had to see him, it was killing her not to. She only wondered how he was doing. Was being apart hurting him as it did her? For Meka, leaving was the hardest thing she's ever had to do. But those chains, the whips in his basement. She knew it wasn't his fault, she knew that she should really be upset with his parents. But she didn't want to make him have to choose, her or them. Meka just lost hers, she knew what it felt like and she didn't want him to have to do the same.

But she wanted to see him, needed to see him for purely selfish reason. Meka sighed and stepped away from the bushes. She didn't want to hide, and if Jalyn decided to attack her then she would be ready, despite his size.