~*Engagement Details*~

So, the picture on the side is of my engagement ring that Nightwing proposed to me with.

So, I bet many of you are wondering how he proposed, correct?

Well, last night, I went up to the roof of the Tower to look at the stars. The air was cool, there was a slight breeze and the full moon shone all across Jump CIty.  The moon did the reflecting on the water, everything was perfect.  The roof of the Tower has always been the significant place for Nightwing and I, we were able to talk and just truly say what was on our mind, so it did not surprise me when I heard footsteps behind me.  I turned and smiled at Nightwing behind me, but he looked nervous.  I stood up and walked over to give him a hug, I thought that would be what he need since he looked so anxious.

“Are you alright Nightwing?” I asked him.

“Never better, Star.” He said. “You know, every since I met you, I knew you were special.  I never wanted to admit it but since the first day, I felt something.  That feeling turned into love, I never wanted to admit that either because I wanted to protect you, but I knew that that was wrong.  My love would protect you.  And you have given me nothing but brightness everyday and know that you have gone through so much, but so have I.  But that doesn’t hold us back from doing good and you are so selfless.  That is one of my favorite things about you.  Starfire, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me, you make me smile, you make me laugh, you're my world. I can’t live without you, your love quenches my burning heart, I love you Starfire.”

I held my breath and looked down blushing.  He lifted my chin and looked right into my eyes. All of a sudden, he slowly did the dropping onto one knee, I felt my breath catch in my throat again and my eyes widened.

“Princess Starfire of Tamaran, will you marry me?” He asked me.  I stood there for a couple of seconds, in utter shock.  A tear escaped my eye and I screamed.  I flew into his arms and said “Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!” I kissed him and he gave me the ring. It was in the shape of a star.

“You’re my only Star.” He told me and I could not stop smiling.  After that, we went back to the Tower to announce the news to the Titans and I did the staying up all last night telling everyone that I was engaged! Now I am a little tired but it was the worth it!

:)