The Aftermath- Elizabeth

After hanging up on Jeanine I felt rejected. I should not have mentioned Michael, it was a mistake.

"Elizabeth, are you going to eat?" I hear mother yell upstairs.

"No, I'm perfectly fine here." I called back. I just couldn't face Jeanine. I knew there was one person I could talk to... Andrew Prior.

I stood up and bolted out of bed, throwing my covers off. Andrew had been a longtime friend, and I knew he would be in Abnegation, so he would keep a secret if it showed he was selfless.

"Elizabeth where are you going?" Mother asked, her voice cold, Jeanine was always her favorite.

"I am going to talk to Andrew." I explained, glancing at Jeanine. All I saw in her eyes were disgust, disappointment, and betrayal. I was hoping she wouldn't tell Mother.

"Hurry back soon." She said not sounding very motherly, that way. I slammed open the door and raced out.

Okay, so maybe running down the street wasn't the best choice when I ran into someone, falling backwards onto the pavement. I looked up to see a Erudite leader, gulping I stood up.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention." I apologized quickly.

"Which Matthews are you?" He asked harshly, looking down the bridge of his nose.

"I'm Elizabeth, sir." I told him. Nodding he gestured for me to go. I sighed bolting off again.

Arriving at his house I knocked on the door. He stood there in the doorway nodding, then realizing his eyes became huge, "Oh God, you can't he serious... you're in trouble if anyone hears about it."

"You get Abnegation?" I ask knowing what he explained.

"Yes," he smiled then whispering the next part, "and Erudite."

Looking him in the eye, I smiled "you won't betray me. Right?"

"What do I have against you. You should go, it's late. Took you a while to get here though." He laughed.

"I literally ran into a leader here. Goodbye." I smile before turning and running home, this time paying attention. Only to open the door and see the leader I ran into.
Oh sh*t.