JUST READ THIS AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND IN A MOMENT

Hello! So I know the story is finished, but I was thinking and realised that there was something I just wanted to write. Now before I write it, I want to make some things very clear:

1. This does not change the story in any which way.
2. I am extremely happy with this book and how it played out.
3. This is just something because I was always debated between this scene and the one I picked.
4. You can totally skip this and I won't care.

So, regardless, this is what might have happened if Mae stayed on the ship without Scott.

~*~

"Ladies and gentlemen, I will require all women and children to come to the front and be loaded onto the lifeboats," an officer announced and I looked at Scott.

"I am not leaving you," I stated. He hugged me to his chest and I held on to his lifebelt as he looked at the officer.

"What are we going to do?" Emma asked, softly. I knew that she was talking to Robert and the look on her fact was I wish that I could change.

"We are going to get you on a lifeboat and I will find another lifeboat to get on then we will be safe again," he stated and she hugged her husband.

"Scott! Scott!" Officer Lowe yelled. I looked towards the voice and Scott held on to me fastly as Robert and Emma got closer to us.

"Harold, I am trying to get my bride-to-be to a lifeboat," Scott stated as people walked towards lifeboats all over the place.

"Follow me. I have seat for you, all of you," Officer Lowe stated as he looked behind him. I looked up at Scott and he took a deep breath.

"You told me that it wasn't honourable to do that, Harold," Scott whispered to him. Officer Lowe looked at me and shook his head.

"It is not honourable if it for selfish reasons or personal gain. You have a family to think about now and I am not about to let you lose your family again," Officer Lowe stated and I grabbed Scott's hand which made Scott look at me.

"Lead the way, Harold," Scott stated and he held on to Scott's lifebelt. He led the way to lifeboat 5.

"I have a woman and her fiancé with their maid and manservant," Officer Lowe told the officer on the boat.

"Harold, we can't take more people on this boat," the officer stated. 

"Listen, Pitman, you are taking them and that is final," Officer Lowe stated.

"I am higher than you and I said no," Officer Pitman said. I looked at Scott in panic.

"It's Scott and his fiancée," Officer Lowe said and Officer Pitman looked at us.

"Damn it. Scott, help me load your group," Officer Pitman said. Scott moved us forward and I looked at the boat that was loaded and ready to be lowered.

"Emma, up you go," I stated as I pulled her to the railing. She stepped up and the men helped put her into the lifeboat. Scott stepped over to help, and I looked to the right to see officers blocking the passage ways down to the lower classes. "Officer Lowe..." I said, getting his attention. He looked at me.

"Yes?" he asked. I looked at Scott, who was trying to get Robert on.

"Get Scott on before me," I told him. He nodded.

"Scott, get on so I can hand you Mae so she doesn't slip," Officer Lowe said. Scott nodded as he started stepping up to get on the lifeboat.

"Don't let Scott off the lifeboat," I stated as I stepped back. I had to get the Johnsons and Alfred up to the deck for loading.