Chapter One

I believe it was a piece composed by Bach; that was the first thing to captivate me. The piano rang in the empty halls descending down to my ears. The sound wasn't happy or sad, it was despair. I could feel the wave length of the players emotions through the notes which seemed to expand on forever; that was the second thing to captivate me. Slowly I took a lingering step forward in the dark school halls, the sound rang along with the melody that was leaking of desperation. My pace soon quickened from lingering steps to quick ones till I was at the source of the sound. The king doors which were engraved with eloquent markings were open and sure enough there was a young man sitting on the lavish piano bench. His fingers started moving at the speed of light, his body fluctuated right along with the music. As the song continued the tempo increased right along with the desperation, I couldn't help but wonder why this was. The more his fingers moved the looser his geriatric pendant hanging off his strong wrist became. The scene painted in front of me was memorizing.

Through the windows the light of the moon shone. The room was expansive, seemed to go on forever and the way it was furnished was absolutely breath taking. I took a step forward, as my ruby red heels hit the elegant floor the music suddenly halted. The young man's head turned and his deep brown eyes pierced my soul; that was the third thing to captivate me.

He stood in such a position that caused the moon to shine on his midnight black hair. One step then another, he slowly made his way over to me and walked right past. I stood motionless until I could no longer here the pitter patter of his feet. That was who was next, this moment would be forever remembered because it was the first time conflict strongly arose in my heart. I was suppose to take it and for once I didn't want to because I knew we were wrong.