The Deal

(Issy's pov)

Boys were stupid creatures and yet the foul pigs roamed the earth as rulers and only Dorne had sense to have gender equality, westeros was a stinking pit of pig shit and wine.

As i wandered the courtyard i had the feeling that i was being followed, maybe it was the sniggering of two small children or that sound of small feet padding against the stone I turned "i wonder if septa Mordane has realized that her  favorite student has gone missing with maester Luwin's best student" i said bran and Arya's eyes widened as they stepped out of there hiding place "you wont tell Mother will you?" Brandon asked "if I did i would be the world's biggest hypocrite  and the worst sister, I used to sneak out all the time" I chuckled "until you made the deal" Arya quipped.

Oh yes the deal, i remembered that, me, Isabelle Stark  had refused to do anything my mother or septa had said, preferring breeches instead of skirts and always sword fighting, knife throwing and shooting arrows. i had wanted to do what my brothers were doing and up till the age of 7 i did just that. But then my father Eddard Stark had made a deal with me, i could learn to fight; the art of war and battle and even come to executions (when i was older) if i wore my dresses and did my best in my septa's classes, of course i had agreed straight away and now, ten years later i was one of the best fighters in the north while also being the perfect lady. The best deal i had ever made.

"Lady Isabelle,Lady Isabelle" Mae the servant called out "quick Arya, bran run," they dashed away just before Mae saw them "There you are! Your Lord father requests your presence in his solar"

"thank you Mae" i replied

"no need, just doing my job" Mae whispered bowing her head

"Kindness never hurt anyone"

"no, milady it didn't"

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------