Prologue

Hey Everyone and thank you for checking out my story! This is my very first work on Wattpad so.....be nice!
If you are reading this than i assume you are a huge fan of ASOIAF or GoT or both, so you should know that according to my plot, Benjen Stark is slightly older than he is originally supposed to be and also that my writing style is in no way comparable to GRRM. I'd like to give out another warning; this is a cousinXcousin love story so don't resume to read if you have anything against that (which i highly doubt since you need to be accustomed to incest to be a fan of GoT). 
I have had this idea since forever and i'm glad to be finally putting this into writing. 
Hope you enjoy!

~Background~

When Eddard Stark departed from Winterfell to amalgamate his forces to Robert’s rebellion, he left Winterfell in the custody of his younger brother, Benjen Stark who (according to my story) had not yet joined the Night’s Watch. Benjen endeavoured with the duties and burdens of being the acting Lord of Winterfell but like a true Stark he did not waver and remained steadfast in facing the challenges. Catelyn Stark was also present there, praying day and night for her husband’s safe return, absenting herself from the care of her first-born son, Robb, and leaving him to the care of Mya, a gentle maid who did not breast-feed Robb but rather gave him the love he lacked due to his mother’s distress.

Aside from looking after the heir of Winterfell, Mya oversaw the small crucial matters of the household which was unappropriate for a girl of her status but also necessary for her to carry out when there was no one else to do so. Her actions were much appreciated by the Lord of Winterfell who was indebted to her and also quite entranced with her simple yet innocently captivating beauty. After one ardous day full of back-breaking duties, Benjen helplessly called Mya to his chambers and sought her comfort. Mya too had with time, grown to care for the tender-hearted man. One thing led to another and both were soon blissfully entangled in the bed. In the following morning, Benjen was consumed with guilt for dishonoring Mya and that along with his irrefutable love for her caused him to take a pivotal decision and marry the girl who was not even a bit close to his House’s status.

He was later assured that he had made the right decision when Mya gave birth to a dainty baby girl. By this time, Eddard had returned to Winterfell with their sister’s corpse and to honour her memory, Benjen named his daughter Lyanna.

Unfortunately, child birth was hard on Mya and she died two months later. Benjen was devastated after her death and clueless regarding how to raise a child. He had loved his wife too much to even think of re-marrying so after consulting his brother, he decided to take the black, entrusting his daughter to the care of Ned and Catelyn.

And so Lyanna Stark was brought up by her principled Uncle and prudent Aunt both of whom showered her with their sincere love and affection.  

Okay so this was the basic intoduction to my story. What do you guys think? 
Please follow me and do give me feedback! xxx