|43| real life

"DO YOU WANT TO GO ON A HIKE?" was Sonny's first sentence to Dacre when she saw him that morning.

He paused, looking up at her from his spot on the couch and shrugged, "As long as you don't leave me up there in nothing but my socks."

Sonny furrowed her eyebrows, "Huh?"

He shook his head, "In Australia, there was this story about a guy who went on a hike with his girlfriend, and she knocked him out and stripped him, leaving him in just a pair of socks in the middle of the night, off the hiking trail."

"Oh." she leaned over the edge of the couch and patted Dacres sock clad feet, "Don't worry, i'll make sure to leave you a shoe."

She gave him a small smile and walked back into her room, "I'm leaving at six, if you want to come with."

Dacres eyes trailed after Sonny, watching as she shut her room door closed, leaving it unlocked. Sonny plopped down onto her bed and sighed. She hoped that Dacre would go with her, she loved being around him.

It was nearing six o'clock and Sonny had just finished putting on her hiking clothes. It was just a pair of leggings and a sports bra, with a black zip up adidas jacket on top, and black adidas shoes.

Normally when she went on a hike in the evening, she would wear one of Tyler or Tanner's hoodies, but Dacre had informed her an hour ago that he would go with her, so she wanted to look her best.

When she walked out of her room he was in the kitchen drinking water, his back facing her. "You ready?"

Dacre turned around and nodded, "Ye-" his eyes fell onto Sonny's bare stomach, he raised his eyes to her cleavage - Sonny had spent more time then she would like to admit adjusting her boobs to make them pop out more.

He cleared his throat, "Yeah." his eyes still on her chest as he spoke.

Sonny snickered and zipped up the hoodie, blocking Dacres view, for now. He rapidly blinked and shook his head, placing his glass of water in the sink and putting his phone in the pocket of his grey sweatpants.

They walked out of her apartment, Sonny behind Dacre so she could look at his ass as he walked down the stairs to get to her car.

The ride to the hiking trail was relatively silent, the only sounds coming from Sonny when she was yelling at other cars, or people on the street.

Dacre snorted when she stuck her head out of her window to yell at the person in the car ahead of them. "I never took you for a person with road rage."

"I don't have road rage!" she yelled back at him.

He put his hand up in mock surrender, "Oh my bad, you are clearly acting like a civilized person as you yell out the window, 'Hurry the fuck up you stupid fucking cunt!'"

"It's not my fault people don't know how to use the fucking gas peddle." she hissed.

Dacre laughed and shook his head, "Maybe you should try driving the speed limit, not forty above it."

Sonny turned and pointed a finger at him, "You- you shut up."

They got to the trail not long after, talking about random things as they walked. "So, you got your eye on anyone?"

Dacre hesitantly nodded, "Yeah, she only sees me as a friend though." he glanced over at Sonny, "What about you?"

"Yeah, but he doesn't like me."

They walked in silence after that, both unaware of love the other had for them, love that wasn't even close to platonic.

the last two chapters were shit so i hope this is better

probably isn't

part of me wanted to cut it off after two pages like i did with the other chapter