-_Chapter Thirteen_-

I crept out of Morgan's bathroom, dress folded neatly and tucked under my arm.  Once the dance had gotten over, the group had scampered over to Daniel's house for an after party.  I had been inclined to go, but I could tell from the anxiety fluttering across Nico's face all night that something was up.  He may have wanted to come to homecoming originally, but that wasn't the reason he had finally showed up- an hour and a half late, no less.

Thankfully, the Douglas's had taken off earlier that afternoon for the lake house to start closing it up for the winter.  Morgan and Scott weren't allowed to set foot in the house the rest of the weekend, but that primarily meant Scott.  Mr. and Mrs. Douglas were no fools, they knew exactly what kind of boy their son was.  And now, unfortunately, so did I.  But Morgan, after meeting Nico and giving me "The Look", had assured me that while her parents had made it clear she was not allowed back in the house, that didn't necessarily mean guests weren't allowed in the house.  It was a loophole she promised she would take care of for me.

Freshly showered and changed into a black t-shirt and pink, cotton, floral short-shorts, I headed back into the guest bedroom.  Nico was exactly where I left him- shoes off, shirt untucked and unbuttoned a little, and leaning back on the array of pillows on the queen bed.  I took the moment at the door to look him over as he relaxed, my eyes tracing over his defined, toned figure.

As if sensing my presence, the son of Hades opened his eyes and raised his head.  "What are you doing?" He asked with a chuckle.

I smirked, walking into the room and laying my dress on top of my small, overnight duffel.  "Just admiring the view." I replied lightly.

I heard him sit up, and when I straightened, his eyes quickly corrected themselves so they met mine at the right time. But I still couldn't stop the blush that was creeping up my face.  He grinned, then patted the bed next to him.  "Come here,"

Not needing a futher invitation, I crawled over the comforter towards him, and pushed him back so he was laying down again.  Then I followed, pressing my torso against his so I was half on top of him.  He had that glint in his eyes I had only imagined as he swept a stray piece of hair behind my ear, and then he pulled my head down to brush his lips with mine.

There was a hormonal, teenager boy somewhere inside of him, and sometimes he drove me absolutely crazy.  But right now, I really appreciated how sweet he could be.

"Did you have fun?"  I asked him quietly.

"I don't think I've ever not had fun with you."  He replied with a smirk.

"Mmm, I beg to differ."  I said with a grimace.  "There was that one time when I was hanging around with Arthur from Hermes, and you thought I was blowing you off when really I was just being purposefully difficult?"

He huffed.  "I already apologized for breaking his nose, Drea.  I was having an exceptionally bad day, and then to turn around to see yet another guy flirting with you-"

The tip of my finger against his lips cut off the rest of his excuse.  "Has the green-eyed monster come to play again?" I teased.

Growling, his arm slipped around my waist.  "You brought it up." Nico accused.

I leaned down to kiss him.  "Only to prove a point."  I mumbled against his mouth.  He grunted, pressing his hand on my back so I was tight against his body.  

Suddenly, he pulled back.  "No, I was proving a point, too!  That asshole was throwing himself at you at the dance- and don't deny it, I saw him watching you."

I sighed.  "Nico, Scott is just another guy in the realm of many hopeless cases." I argued.

He shrugged, smirking.  "You said you liked it when I was possessive."  I lightly smacked his chest, now blushing furiously, and he laughed.  Then with a roll, I was trapped underneath him, his body braced above mine on his elbows.  His lips were at my ear, his hot breath sending tingles down my back.  "You said it was...sexy." He whispered huskily, lightly trailing his tongue along the edge of my ear and nipping at the lobe.  I whimpered a little, eyes fluttering.