Meet me down by the River ~A 1D fanfic~

Clip clop, clip clop. The horses hove's sounded like castanets as Niall and I trotted down to the river on our horses.  Ellie my horse pranced around as a cool breeze stirred the trees, her muscles rippling under her beautiful jet black coat. Ellie was her nickname, her show name was Platinum Elite, something i proudly came up with on Christmas eve when i got her as a present. She was a perfect horse. Standing at 15 hands with a pretty dished face, petite ears and big chocolatey dark brown eyes. She had strong back legs that made her a perfect showjumper, a sport in which me and Ellie exelled in. Nialls horse Rose, was amazing, her cheastnut coat gleamed in the sun, and the pure white blaze that ran down her face like a cascading waterfall accented her features. Her show name was Desert Rose, but Niall couldnt compete on her because, even though he was as good a rider as me, the fans would mob him and Rose. It was a dangerous sport without thousands of over excited fan girls scaring all the horses!

When we reached the meadow Niall shouted 'How about a canter eh?'

'Sure' I yelled back, easing Ellie into a smooth rocking horse canter, feeling the suppelness of her whithers as we galloped away, pulling ahead of Niall and Rose, laughing as i did so.

'Oi!' Shouted Niall.

'Hahahhaha!' I laughed as we cantered right up to the fence, planning  to slow Ellie down, but she had other ideas, usually i never lose control of Ellie, but for some reason i just let Ellie do what she wanted. Before i knew it, she had jumped over the fence, soaring like a bird. Whinneying to Rose, she turned around and beckond with her head, as if inviting Rose to come with her. Leaping forward in a Lipazzaner motion, Ellie galloped away, heading staright for the river.

'Sarah!' Niall yelled, panic accenting his already highly accented Irish voice.

'Im fine' I yelled back, trying to disguise my fear as exhilaration.

All of a sudden, Ellie stopped, just before the river, her hooves almost submerged in the cool water. Whickering, she  paced around until Niall and Rose had caught up. Leaping off the horse Niall ran towards me, arms outstretched encasing me in a huge bear hug 'Dont you ever scare me like that again' He whispered, shaking.

'Niall, im sorry, i really didnt mean to scare you i swear, i dont know what happened!'

'No, its fine, its fine, your here now.' He replied, letting me go. Forcing a silly grin on his face he said 'But you know what, i think im gonna go for a swim!'

Giggling, i replied 'Me too! Come on lets go!' Stripping off my shirt, and leaving my singlet and shorts on, i jumped into the cool water, feeling it relax my tense muscles.  Niall took of his shirt, and i saw his pale cheast, his abbs showing clearly, leaving only his shorts on he jumped into the water beside me, sighing in satisfaction as the water swirled around him. The horses grazed together along the verge of the river bank, whickering contentendly.

'Okay, come on babe, lets go' Said Niall as the sun began ot set, now just a semicircle of fire in the dusky blue sky.

'Okay Niall' I said, swinging up onto Ellie's back, feeling her smooth jet black coat rippling underneath me as i clucked her forward. Waiting for Niall to catch up. 'Come on slow coach!' I yelled waiting for him to put his dry top on.

' Yeah, yeah! I'm hurrying!'

As Niall mounted Rose, i thought to myself Could life get any better. Riding my perfect horse, with my perfect bestfriend, down to the perfect river? Not really!