Raw Passion

Raw Passion ~ Chapter 1

"At ease!" called the drill sergeant and I rested my arms against my army printed pants. My black tank top adorned my abdomen and my silver dog tags jostled with my movements. The general walked down our row, eyeing me specifically. A girl stands out in a group all men, especially in the Air Force.

"State your name, soldier!" The general was now in front of me, only a foot of space separating us. His voice was strong, dominate, and partly strained as he yelled in my face.

His shouting didn't make me flinch even the slightest. "Riley Faith Monroe, sir!" I shouted back. In these places, you stated your full name when prompted by a higher general. This man wasn't much higher than me, but he needed to be treated with respect nonetheless.

The man didn't say anything but looked at me skeptically. "State your position," he finally said in a lower voice.

"Special services, sir."

"Job upheld?"

"Guardian Force, sir." In my opinion, the AF could've come up with more of a bad ass name, but no. Instead, they had to name us the freaking 'Guardian Force.' It was pretty baby-ish if you asked me.

"Name awarded?" he asked yet another question.

"Force leader."

That's right. I'm the leader of the most secret division in the United States Air Force; none of these boys held a flame against me. The only reason I had to treat this man, who was like a pansy compared to me, was because he was a general of almost fifty years.

The general nodded, "Come with me." He turned to leave and I followed behind the man dressed almost in all navy blue.

He led me down the ward's corridor, my boots and his dress shoes making light 'tap' noises on the tile. Nothing was said between the two of us even as we entered a room filled with only four men.

"Your assignment, soldier," General Madinson spoke, "is to train these men for the fiercest of battle. They will be leaving to Russia in four months to carry out a spy mission that had been terminated last week. They will need your full knowledge of combat skills and I trust that you will have only your best working with them. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes sir," I nodded to him and he left through the steel doors.

Now I got to take the position of leader instead of follower. "Atten-tion!" I called into the air. Quickly, the men formed into a tight line, their hands to their foreheads. "At ease." They put their hands to their sides and I inspected them.

The one that caught my eye had the most potential to me. He was tall, broad, and masculine; a body that was built to pack power into a punch. He was in a uniform much like the general's, only his was a lighter blue. A few gold medals clung to his shirt, his hair was cut in a buzz cut, and he had dark brown eyes. His face was dominate looking in itself; high cheeks, strong jaw, and a tight chin. He looked like he could strike fear into anyone with one look of harsh emotion. But for now, he just looked ahead.

"State your name, soldier," I spoke to him. I used a low voice, but one that let him know I had authority and power here.

"Dylan Anthony Ryans, ma'am," he spoke back. Like a well trained soldier, he didn't look me in the eyes. Here, they were prey and I was the predator; seems they knew that well.

I decided that I wanted to train him myself, seeing full potential in him. I would just have the rest trained by separate soldiers of mine so they wouldn't miss a thing.

"You are all released," the boys relaxed, "but you need to come with me." The four of them followed me all the way back to the GF training center. It basically looked like an over-grown gym/gymnastics center all in one. It was my favorite place to be.

Walking through the door, my fellow guardians stood in a line, but I dismissed them. "Adian, James, and Logan," I called the three fighters over to me. They jogged over to where I was standing and waited patiently. "I have some new guinea pigs slash soon-to-be-spies. They need all our combat knowledge and I am putting their training in your hands. Can you handle that?"

"Yes ma'am," they smiled in unison and I dismissed them with the wave of my hand. My three best soldiers then led the other men to a separate place to train. Instead of following them, I walked toward the gymnastics area with Ryans at my heels.

"Experience hours?" I asked, leaning against the wall.

Ryans took on a stiff form like he had before, "Eighty-seven hundred, ma'am!"

"At ease soldier," I rolled my eyes. "Impressive record I must say. Who trained you?"

"General Madinson." He was finally relaxed enough to slouch and yet he was still a good foot taller than me.

"Want to inform me on why he has asked me to train you? Last time I heard, General M is a pretty good fighter."

"He knows you're capable of a lot more combat skills to teach than he is," the kid smirked. I laughed on the inside; I hadn't seen that kind of cocky grin since high school.

"Alright then soldier," I sighed. "Let's fight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There will be a lot more romance coming up, but I have to let the characters evolve before I do!

Tell me what you think, please! It'd be really appreciated:)