Eleven

PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING:

So I've been experimenting with my writing, and I thought I would test out the third person. I understand that many of you aren't used to the third person type of writing, however with the direction that the story is going in, I believe it might be more suitable, as I want to portray the story from multiple perspectives, not just through Flo's. 

Of course though, this is only an experiment, so comment your feelings about it (pros and cons, do you like it? do you think I should continue writing in the third person?). 

Other than that, I really hope you enjoy this. I've put my heart and soul into this story, I really hope you like it as much as I loved writing it.  

Part One

Part One

Jake and Flo sat on the little plot of grass by the bridge for a contempt ten minutes, mainly admiring the sunrise that shot rays of orange and yellow onto the rippling water of the stream beside them.

"How is your dad?" Jake's calm voice added to the tranquillity.

"He's okay, tired though," Flo replied.

He opened his mouth to ask about whether her father had moved on like her mother, but he bit his tongue instantly. He didn't want to remind Flo of her parent's separation nor of her mother's unfaithfulness. It still irked him that Flo hadn't been the one to tell him what happened between her parents, rather it was the gossip of the town that had enlightened him. Flo, at the time, was too drowned in booze to even communicate with him. Now, though, Jake wished he had made more of an effort to be there for her. He realised that the alcohol was just a means for Flo to try and get away from her problems, in the same way he became addicted to boxing to get away from his.

"How are yourparents?" Flo asked, turning to him, just missing the flicker of a wince on Jake's face.

Recomposing his features, Jake forces a smile. Part of him screamed to let her in, to tell her what had been bothering him for months, but the other part bit his tongue.

"They're okay," he answered, not so convincingly.

Jake sensed that Flo knew something was up, as she always used to when he wasn't being completely honest. However, the sound of a roaring engine travelling closer to them made both of their heads turn up to the bridge above them. The rattling of the screws that held the iron-clad structure together synced with the screeching halt of the tires. Although he and Flo both couldn't see who it was from where they stood beneath the bridge, Jake's gut feeling knew all too well who had interrupted them.

Confused, Flo turned to him, pushing the brunette strands of her long fringe behind her ear. Before she even had to ask anything, Jake opened his mouth to allay her curiosity.